Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Help for welder from ship with different owner in multiplayer game

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by thekingmen, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. thekingmen Trainee Engineer

I have a little issue in my multiplayer game on a ds server. I am an experienced player in this game, but still new with multiplayer side of the game. I think that it's probably something that I don't know yet so I've researched the forum and on the wiki but did not find help.

I and a friend are in the same faction. My friend made a welder ship that works correctly when he uses it. All controls are owned by him, but shared with the faction. I can enter the ship, and turn on the welder, but when I do, the ship won't weld anything. So far what I have found is that if I manually drag and drop items from the cargo to the welder inventory, the welder will work and weild, but only for the items that were moved. It will not use inventory from the cargo. "Use Conveyer system" is set to on.

another issue, maybe related, maybe not, it appears that when he try to use the ship I built (owner me, shared to faction), the welder does not correctly activate. He enter in the ship and enable the welder (turn block on from toolbar), but, visually from another player, the welder will not change to red. it also does not weld when he uses it. I asked him to get out and I got in. From the control panel and the toolbar I saw that the welder was not enabled and I enabled it. I got out and from that point he could use the welder ship correctly. He double checked and he did activate that welder, but somehow that activation was not working.

I think these issues are related to ownership but I could not find reliable information on this subject and related to welders not working. Normally they are shared with faction and should work, but it's not the case right now.

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

conveyor systems on mp servers are pretty much fucked in general at the moment

3. thekingmen Trainee Engineer

depends on the complexity of your world I guess. I've been playing on this server for more than 50 hours and haven't had conveyor trouble, except with this thing which I think it's owner related.
    Are you talking about an issue introduced in the really last patch ?

4. Yakuza Trainee Engineer

have the player that made the ship set it to no share and then set it to share with faction had a similar issue and didn't feel like going thru the block list to find the problem and this fixed it. if this dosent work try turning all the power off wait a few seconds then back on

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.