Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Help me

Discussion in 'General' started by matheus, Nov 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. matheus Trainee Engineer

when I try to start from this bug, but I have more than the minimum requirements
    i have i3 quad-core 2.3GHz ,4035 memory ,DirectX11 and intel HD Grafics 4000

2. Sinbad Senior Engineer

MINIMUM

Processor: Intel Core2 Duo 2.0 GHz (or AMD equivalent)

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics*: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 3870 / Intel HD Graphics 4000 - (*minimum of 512 MB video memory)

DirectX: 9.0c (DirectX 11 required for planets)

Hard Drive: 10 GB free HDD space

http://www.spaceengineersgame.com/system-requirements.html

Maybe ram is your issue? Also, the minimum requirements are not recomended for planets.

3. Barfbag Trainee Engineer

Even if you meet the minimum requirements with the CPU and RAM the fact that you use integrated intel graphics means your game will run like s#@# and will probably cause you to come on here and complain. A dedicated card should be a requirement for this game imo.

4. Devon_v Senior Engineer

The thing is that SE has so many options.

The minimum requirements get you in the door, but no further. You can play around in the 10k asteroid box and build a little ship. The more computer you bring, the more features you can unlock.

There's also a bug right now where some computers are locked out of the game with that error message regardless of what their systems can handle.

Edit: Follow up question: is that a laptop? Integrated chips fair poorly, mobile integrated chips especially so.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  5. LFCavalcanti Senior Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I feel like the minimum system requirements contradict itself.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LFCavalcanti Senior Engineer

Yep, ask for Windos XP with SP3 and 8GB of RAM.

I just hope that instead of fixing this bug they don't press the "nope" button and change the minimum requirements again and leave all of us with AMD77xx+ GPUs off the game.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Devon_v Senior Engineer

I suppose you could set up a RAM disk and put the Windows swap file on it... I mean if you put 8gb in an XP machine you must have had a plan... ;)

Actually come to think of it, there was a line of motherboards for the last of the 32-bit Core2s that was designed for 8gb of RAM and used the second half to set up a RAM disk at the bios level that Windows would just see as any other storage medium. It's not optimal, but it would be a hell of a lot faster than disk caching.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. LFCavalcanti Senior Engineer

It was ASUS if memory serves.

Now seriously, that was some "technical improvisation" but in pratical scenarios, you just can't have 8GB of RAM in Windows XP, neither I ever saw games pushing for 8GB of RAM as Minimal Spec.

10. Clunas Junior Engineer

Ah forgot about that. Definitely didn't follow from the OP. That said, when he/she does get in game....I'd avoid planets currently with that setup

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.