Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Help request: admin DS, wanting to limit ore spawn in procgen asteroids, current method not working.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by piratep2r, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. piratep2r Trainee Engineer

Hello admins.

Basically, I am trying to make it so that ice and magnesium are the only ores that spawns procedurally in my space-only map. Everything else I will hand place in specific locations to drive player interaction.

Someone suggested the following solution:

1. create an empty world, no asteroids, no planets. Load into it, make sure it is empty. Exit and save it.

2. Create/edit the resource mod and publish it.
    Note: the mod is simply a subfolder in my mod folder called "asteroid edits." It contains 2 files, modinfo.sbmi and VoxelMaterials_asteroids. I have edited the VoxelMaterials file so that in all cases of ore except magnesium, the line governing ore spawn is false: "<SpawnsInAsteroids>false</SpawnsInAsteroids>" while the line governing all stone spawning are true. Unfortunately I don't understand how the game governs ice spawning, so I left it alone.

3. Once done editing the mod, publish it. Then add it the published version to the world via edit settings, but do not load the world.

4. Go to your saved game file in appdata and paste in the following after the line "<SpawnShipTimeMultiplier>.":
    <ProceduralDensity>1.0</ProceduralDensity>
    <ProceduralSeed>65486624</ProceduralSeed>

5. Load the world and check your work. This should have forced the addition of asteroids, but using the ore spawn rules in the mod.

In all cases, however, I end up with all ores in the asteroids. I must be doing something wrong. Does anyone have any advice or insight?

here is a link to the mod, minimal though it may be: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1146073612

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

So close :) The VoxelMaterials_asteroids.sbc file needs to be located within a subdirectory named 'Data' in the mod. It will then work.

• Like Like x 1
  3. piratep2r Trainee Engineer

Roxette, you rock. Thank you so much!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.