Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers New! Hmm... Something Has Changed Here

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Blitzzz333, Jan 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Can you spot what’s new, Space Engineers? :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  2. Roxette Senior Engineer

Yes... fancy graphical tweaks... maybe because it's easier than fixing any of the bugs that players have been bitching about for years ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Medium Thruster making a return?

Nevermind, was looking at it wrong. :)

4. Sarekh Senior Engineer

if it's a working LCD display series I am all in. If it's not... meh
    --- Automerge ---
    oookay, fuck me, I take that me back - temperature IS COMING?

5. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Sarekh I noticed the temperature also, makes no sense in the cockpit though...I mean you were out in cold space already (Just assuming space is cold lol) so your suit must keep your body temp regulated..so it shouldn't matter if it is freezing or warm in the cockpit. Just my 2 cents. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sarekh Senior Engineer

aye, let them flesh out the system for a bit. I would assume it might be something that got either to do with damage applied over time or energy consumption. At the time I would also not assume that this means that we can expect a full temperature management system for the ships but who knows?

• Like Like x 1
  7. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Yeah the temp feature could go in so many directions. Maybe you have to wait for your ship to warm up to move?? lol

8. Calaban Junior Engineer

Temp feature implies liquid water... or not.

I just cannot find any other reason to care about that. Space heaters in large hangar bays? Hot-warm-cold-colder BINGO! leak detection? Conveyor piped need to be kept warm or they'll jam? Any use I can think of seems overly trivial.

9. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

It's always interesting to hear everyone's theories. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. vadersson Trainee Engineer

The new cockpit screens threw me too. Adding temperature could be interesting. We will have to see how it is handled. I like the idea of extra energy for cold/warm environments. Maybe we can get some civilian cloths too for air tight areas.

11. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

I don't know where you guys are seeing temperature at all in that clip?
    As for the cockpit displays - it's about time!
    I was just hoping for a bit of rework for the cockpits since you can't see any of the displays in centered view. And with releasing Alt centers view not working it will be very annoying to actually use them.

12. Sarekh Senior Engineer

take a look under the quickslot bar on the right side next to the oxygen level :)

13. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

Ooo I saw it now. That's cool!
    Thanks for pointing it out. :)

14. matth Trainee Engineer

I'm hoping those LCD screens are functional. The emmissives were off until the power was turned on, that's an improvement in itself, but they also displayed "Offline" like an lcd.

15. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I guess all these questions and ideas we all have may be answered in the live stream today. Which I will miss, I will be working.

16. Roxette Senior Engineer

No, it really isn't. The bright emissive fake display textures detract from the real game user interface overlay that's in the same position and make it harder to read.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.