Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Hosted Server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Nitewolf, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Nitewolf Trainee Engineer

Hi, I just wanted to know if anything lost in space on a hosted server i rent for myself and a few friends for Space Engineers will eventually be deleted and just not float around cluttering up server resources. Just wanted to make sure that over a period of time they will self delete ? if not then servers might get cluttered up fairly fast with new players using them. I figured best thing would be to ask here. Like to be reassured they and any lost things do eventually go. My mate is worried it will slow server down if keeps happening.

Thanks for any assistance:)

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

The game's built-in cleanup routines are a lot better than they once were, but there are still occasional issues. With reasonable settings, the server will mostly keep itself clean of actual junk, but on a public server there will inevitably be players that leave abandoned ships and structures that will not automatically get deleted, so you still need to check and clean it from time to time, but the in-game admin tools are mostly adequate for this and fairly simple to use.

3. Sumyunguy Trainee Engineer

There are a couple of mods on the Steam workshop that help with cleaning up grids, like NPC grids that aren't within X distance from a player and things like that. Some of Meridius_IX's stuff comes with config xml files that can be altered to change how grids are removed (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1167708101).

4. mccorkle Trainee Engineer

Also, take a look at Torch (the replacement for SESE) and the concealment plugin specifically. With Concealment, any grid that is a certain distance away from an online player that isn't doing "production" gets "paused" until someone logs back in close enough to see those grids. So if you have junk that is floating off into space, Torch will eventually just pause that junk and never resume it unless someone flies close enough to it for concealment to re-activate it.

5. KawaiiBoy Trainee Engineer

hello when it come to server hosting and getting banned for no reason on a dedicated server who can i talk to? please private me.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.