Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Hot hardware

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kornelius, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kornelius Trainee Engineer

Hi, I really like your game, but I have problems with overheating of the equipment.
    The equipment is not modernized and has standard cooling fans, this problem only arises with "space engineers".
    I'm not rich and have health problems, so I can not afford new equipment or a new cooling system.
    Minimum graphics settings.
    Are there any ideas how to lower the temperature of the devices?
    [​IMG]

2. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Space Engineers is massively CPU and GPU dependent. I’ve found that when the cooling fins on my processors are clogged with dust (my workstation tower sits on a carpeted floor) that their temperatures shoot through the roof. So, now I periodically (every few months) pop the top on my ‘puter and carefully blow out the accumulated dust on the cooling fins and cooling fans (I stick a plastic stick into the cooling fan blades to keep the compressed air from over-rev’ing the blades and prematurely burning out the bearings). I’ve seen my CPU temperatures drop over 30C just doing that.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.