Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Hotfix 0.6.2.AC0699: DS Server no longer displays in steam servers or favorites.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ghostickles, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Its weird, the server is running, I am logged on and playing the game, but it does not display normally in Steam/View/Servers or Favorites. Even find games at the address displays no results. May be a Valve thing?
    It does display in History and the in game browser.

2. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

We're getting some strange stuff from some of the server hosts. Servers on Vilayer.com were not showing in the list, didn't show a game at the address, and had bad DedicatedServer.cfg settings. They did some big update yesterday and now everything works fine. It may be a similar case of a host not updating their configuration after 0.6, or it could just be something the admin needs to look into.

3. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Something with the hotfix changed this, that's my guess.
    Since hotfix none of the most popular servers show up in steam or in the game browser.

Look in Steam: Steam/View/Servers.

The only games displayed are the ones which have not updated.
    I have verified IP, but here's the odd part; entering the IP manually into Steam/View/Servers/Favorites returns No Results when I tell it to Find Games at this Address.
    However, the game shows up in Steam/View/Servers/History at the same IP (107.181.173.34:35015) !!!

Its really weird.
    This is new since hotfix, I could view PlanetsNoLag, Valanor, TopHat, ect. but now they do not appear anywhere.?

This is config IP:
    <IP>107.181.173.34</IP>
    <SteamPort>35017</SteamPort>
    <ServerPort>35015</ServerPort>

This is the connection address:
    107.181.173.34:35015

Looks correct, the same as it has always been.

Weird. Weird. Weird.
    :)

4. Ales Horejsek Trainee Engineer

I have a server from Vilayer.com and I see the server in the list but friends do not see it need to add it manually to steam

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rakkeyal Trainee Engineer

I am also having a problem where I had my server IP changed due to a malfunctioning piece of hardware, and the server no longer shows up in the list.
    I'm not sure what to do, as the IP matches the config files.
    Is there a way to fix this?

I have managed to add it through steam, but what do we do so others can see it on the list?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  6. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

You can give the players the IP and have them enter it into Steam/View/Servers/Favorites.
    You can join the game and have it display in Steam/View/Servers/Friends
    You can also have them Join Game directly to your profile.
    Once they join the server should be stored in History.
    This is probably already fixed, but we wont get it until Tuesday.

7. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Awesome.
    Games are in the Game Lobby however Steam/View/Servers is still bugged.
    Git 'em!

8. I23I7 ME Tester

@CptTwinkie

9. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

Known. I was bugging Deepflame about it last night.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.