Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Hotfix 17/03/2017 Massive Lag spikes and Rubberbanding are back

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MorpheusKajiir, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MorpheusKajiir Trainee Engineer

Hi Keen Guys,
    24 hours ago, after the update, we were all celebrating. After more than a month my crew and I were finally able to play Space Engineers Multiplayer again.
    Then we got today's hotfix.
    Massive lag spikes and rubber-banding plague the game so badly as to make it completely unplayable, once again. The lag spike can last anywhere from 3 seconds to 12 seconds and whatever key you were pressing at the time remains held for the entirety of the lag often sending players careening in that direction going "splat" or "crunch" or grinding straight through a grid. I have noticed that when these lag spikes occur on my pc, my cpu is near 100% in usage.

24 hours ago we had the smoothest game play we had ever seen on a server with 64 billion km square world size, 8 planets, a few asteroid belts, 61 mods, with 21 players (not including myself). At that time all of my settings were set to max and I was enjoying a 0.8 to 1.0 server sim speed with a 120 fps display, so I know my system is more than powerful enough to handle this game and make a recording at the same time.

Some guys were kidding around saying you have a saboteur on board .... but now were starting to think .....

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Sykel Trainee Engineer

3. Kurazarrh Apprentice Engineer

4. MorpheusKajiir Trainee Engineer

Thanks, I'll check it out right away, but the lag spike hasn't been a continuous issue for me. It started over a month ago with an update, went away with the first minor update last week, then came back with the following hotfix. Still I will check it out. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.