1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

How can I enable 'SAVE' menu button?

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by StrangerIV, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. StrangerIV

StrangerIV Trainee Engineer

Hello all,

I'm trying to launch my own dedicated server for private game with my friend, and I found a problem which I can't find how to solve.
    I configured it via GUI and I managed it to start and show itself in 'servers' list, but every time when I log in to the server, it counts me dead and proposes me to respawn. If I have any items in my backpack before logout, they become lost on respawn login.

Also I have 'Save' and 'Save as' buttons disabled in game interface, and a mouseover tip says, 'The save game option is disabled on this server'.

All official and unofficial SE dedicated server guides says there is an option in server config, 'ClientsCanSave', but in server GUI I don't see checkbox or other selector for that option. After saving server config does not contain that option at all. If I adding it to config file manually (<ClientsCanSave>true</ClientsCanSave>) and loading that config in the GUI by 'Load' button, after 'Save config and start' that option is disappeared again.

Then I tried to use command line option for start my server, but I can't manage my server to create new world based on certain config. I tried -ignorelastsession option, but my server does not start at all with it given. It creates no log files and shows no messages in this case so I can not even imagine what happens. When I tried to modify config of an existing world (Sandbox.sbc file in saved game folder and SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg in world instance folder), ClientsCanSave option persists all starts and restarts on server, but 'Save' buttons in game are still disabled.

Server is set up with group restrictions. Both me and my friend are added as admins in the server config.

Help me please.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.