Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.
  2. Apologies for enabling the dark skin as the forum default. This was unintentional and the light theme that we've been using for the last couple of years will remain the default.

For anyone who hasn't noticed:
    We've enabled a dark skin on the forums called Keen Software House - Dark. It's not perfect but it gets the job done for anyone who doesn't enjoy white backgrounds. Go to your preferences page https://forum.keenswh.com/account/preferences or click the skin name at the bottom left of any forum page to switch

How do I eye-drop blocks in creative?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help and Troubleshooting' started by Spoonfed, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Spoonfed

I was doing it using the Mouse Button 5 on my mouse (aka Forward Browser Button)

But since the last patch its not working and it is incredibly aggravating.

Anyone know?

*edit*

not the paint, I know shift-p. I am refering to the blocks themselves!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mishka

I am not sure what you mean by "eye drop blocks".

can you elaborate please

3. Malware

Spoonfed is talking about the feature where you could click mouse button 5 (or whatever it was) and you would autoselect the block you clicked on for further placing. It was not configurable which caused a secondary problem for some of us which used the same button for something else.

4. Spoonfed

Yes, thats it exactly. If I click MB5 it would select the block my current block was over. I kind of liked that feature.

Its not working since the patch.

5. Obsidian_eclipse

I think he means eyedropper tool (pipette)

6. DarkS33d

This function actually existed in the game? I never knew. Basically it would cut out the need to open the G menu to pick a block if the block in question was already placed somewhere in the world space. You could just target it, press a key, and it would replace your current block selected in your hotbar. Similar to Minecraft in creative mode.

Please tell me this actually exists in Space Engineers, it'd make building that much easier.

7. Malware

It did exist, as a non-exposed feature, but it has been removed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Spoonfed

Why on earth would it be removed. Very handy feature.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. lodebeard

Has this feature been reintroduced since it was taken out? It was damn handy and after recently returning to the game I am finding building to be a very tedious experience without this feature :(

Anyone know if this feature is still somewhere in the game, or if the coming HUD revamp is going to address it?

Running v1.172.019 Stable Branch

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  10. Spoonfed

Works just fine for me these days.
    --- Automerge ---
    Sorry my mistake. The paint eyedropper is wprking. The block one ive not tried in a long time.