Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

How do I Update Mods for the Economy Update?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by doncdxx, Aug 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

I have mods that add ores and a components, but I can't get them to show up in NPC stores or contracts.

I added the price info and order amounts in the sbc files for physical items and components. Price is set, player allowed to order is set to true, but still no luck.

Any information would be helpful.

2. RelicSage Trainee Engineer

You will have to edit the FactionType_Economy.sbc found in the Data folder this is where the Different Faction Types (Miner, Trader and Builder) and then add the Components to be sold and bought as well any Prefabs you wish to have the NPC Builders faction sell.

3. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

@RelicSage
    Thanks for responding, but it's not working. Now all the NPC stores are empty and the vending machine shows one of the mod components on the screen but gives a 0 count, the component.sbc file has min and max set between 50 and 500.
    Using a player owned store doesn't allow the item to be offered or ordered. There must be another step to it.

4. RelicSage Trainee Engineer

I apologize I responded with assumption that it would work, I'm currently losing my mind over this as well. I've searched through everything just to find a dead end. You can't load your own "List" of components let alone prefabs into a Player owned store block (Which I desperately need so I can release my friggen Star Trek Mod that I've been working on for nearly 6 months) I haven't tested what can be modded when it comes to the NPC list of components. I'll do that now and let you know. BTW Keen if your interested in making alot of your players lives easier I would recommend a simple SBC file that players can mod and attach to their Stores and Contract blocks so they don't have to enter in game only...just a thought!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

I've been trying to figure it out through trial and error as well. If I figure it out, I'll post it here. If neither of us figure it out, then we'll need to pester Keen until they give us a guide.

6. SultonMRP Trainee Engineer

related question: I don't care much about NPC selling it, how do i add custom ore/comp to player stores?

7. Aryeonos Trainee Engineer

I'm struggling to even edit the prices of anything. I've tried adjusting the prices of items but it seems like
    <MinimumOfferAmount>5</MinimumOfferAmount> only affects how few items will show up in the store (if they show up
    <MaximumOfferAmount>10</MaximumOfferAmount> Maximum of item, if they show up
    <MinimumOrderAmount>20</MinimumOrderAmount> and I think these two only affect if the store will ever buy them.
    <MaximumOrderAmount>50</MaximumOrderAmount>
    <CanPlayerOrder>true</CanPlayerOrder>

<MinimumAcquisitionAmount>20</MinimumAcquisitionAmount> and these seem to only pertain to acquisition missions and have nothing to do with cost either.
    <MaximumAcquisitionAmount>50</MaximumAcquisitionAmount>

So while (supposedly) FactionType_Economy is supposed to allow you to change what each faction sells, it doesn't seem to affect cost either.

I really hope someone turns something up or the coders left notes at all, this is really frusterbating. But thank you so much Relic, don, and Sulton for also working on this stuff!

8. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

My guess currently is that the price of ingots and components is based on the cost of the ore it's made from. There's a price option only in the physicalitems.sbc.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.