Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

How should the planets be in Space Engineers

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Cesar Finger, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cesar Finger Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. jozsefsz Apprentice Engineer

Everyone knows that Earth is flat, just like every other planet in the universe. Don't be deceived by manipulated Nasa propaganda! Keen, fix this!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NoThanks Apprentice Engineer

If only.

4. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

kek a flat planet.
    wonder if its possible in SE
    you'd drive off the side only to be violently pulled by its gravity to the flip side.
    "see you on the flip side"

after all i've seen cube shaped planets on the workshop.

5. Malware Master Engineer

That would probably be cube sized asteroids. Planets are spherical height maps, as far as I know they can't be anything but spherical :)

6. jozsefsz Apprentice Engineer

While I agree with you completely (no cube shaped planets on the Workshop yet), it shouldn't be impossible to create cube shaped planets or at least very-very small moons if the creator knows how to paint the texture to create a cubic shape with it. Although, if maximal and minimal units are hard-coded, then it must be overwritten somehow first.

7. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I remember now cube planets.
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=806886354

they look cube shaped from above but down on its server its ridge after ridge across the surface of the planet.
    its fun to be on foot jumping down each ridge...they're just the right fall height so you don't take damage.
    I wish i had a semi-pleasant vid to show what the surface was like.... :p but as usual i was a little shit giving out at various bugs.
    --- Automerge ---
    oh they were planets for sure they had oxygen and gravity and a ......spherical atmosphere.
    gravity wasn't as strange on them as i thought it thought for the most part i'd be walking at a weird angle

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. jozsefsz Apprentice Engineer

Yep, that was what I meant, but didn't know they already exist.

9. Malware Master Engineer

Mwell, "cube"... Those aren't exactly cubes, are they. I was imagining actual cubes, not something-with-protrusions-making-it-look-vaguely-cube-like... :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jozsefsz Apprentice Engineer

I guess the creator wanted to have it as survival playable as possible. Trust me, if they want it they could create almost perfect cubes.

11. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

at first i was hoping they were going to be perfect cubes as well. :p
    thought it would be been extremely funny to race a rover off the edge of a cube world then get dragged back into a horrible death.

I was about to mention cubed asteroids as i have seen them in the past easily made with voxel tool.
    then i realized the only way a rover is going to stick to it is........................yep....a downward facing gravity drive. :p
    or some kind of mech with landing gears for feet

12. Vrmithrax Senior Engineer

I think planets should look like this:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

What if earth was actually.....cylindrical. :p

An airplane flying inside a huge O'Neill Cylinder World, a self-contained fully sustainable environment.
    [​IMG]

14. Calaban Junior Engineer

Every time I see an O'Niell habitat, I cannot help but think of Game of Thrones... where the intro pans around the map as if it was inside one... and the sun was artificial... and the long winter is a power outage... oh, and the people have degraded to medieval technology levels.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Saberwulfy Apprentice Engineer

You guys do not understand.
    Sometimes planets appear to be spherical and sometimes flat.
    You need to understand its the effect of translation + rotation + self translation rotating to inside at each point.
    For observe this just add a 4º dimension.

16. PilotMax Apprentice Engineer

I just want Mesklin now.

17. sioxernic Senior Engineer

Unrealist expectations, even if the original post is a troll.

18. PilotMax Apprentice Engineer

Not saying it's possible, but it wuld be fun to have.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.