Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

How these two games can benefit each other!

Discussion in 'General' started by Nickvr68, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Nickvr68 Junior Engineer

I presume that this game will be in the same engine as SE, and that means that features in one could be similar in the other. For instance, the gear system they show in the ME videos would be awesome to have in SE, with electronic motors and complex constructions. Or the rope system, why couldn't space engineers have that in it? I could build some pretty neat stuff with ropes in space engineers like tow cable grappling hooks, wire guided missiles, carrier launch systems, etc!

But with the land system and procedural generation of the world. I smell a planet system being adapted from that in space engineers...

I am looking forward to these two game's systems and features being adapted to the other.

2. Conradian Moderator

I'm looking forward to having some ability of crossover between the games i.e. SE stuff modded into ME or vice versa so I can build a great big stone cathedral to jet around the stars in.

3. Captain_Brian Apprentice Engineer

Procedural planets / biomes would be awesome in Space Engineers.

4. Howitz Junior Engineer

i want wood structures in my space engineer ships for a nice interior, and ride in it on horse back.

5. Rantage Trainee Engineer

I'm wondering if the gears themselves are simply an animated block, that simply allows for two attached axles....kind of like a conveyor block for power.

6. Wanderduene Apprentice Engineer

I think both games could have a positive synergy to each other, because both are running on the same engine.
    Maybe in a far far away future of SE we can fly down to a planet and bomb away a medieval city :D

7. Skeloton Master Engineer

Well ME is certainly benefiting. All the experience earned from SE can be put to use as soon as its possible in ME.

8. Mishka Junior Engineer

ME's engine upgrades will eventually migrated over to SE as well as more fun things too I expect

9. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

That wasn't the first thing that came to my mind when I thought of crossover mods ;)...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.