1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

How to switch your server to dev build

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by rexxar, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

A lot of us use SteamCMD to update our servers, and it's not immediately obvious how you're supposed to change branches. It's really simple, you just need to add the -beta argument. Here's part of the update script I run on my server:

Code:
    c:\steamcmd\steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir c:\spaceengineers\ +app_update 298740 -beta develop +quit
    If, for whatever reason, you're using the steam desktop client to get your server files, right click Space Engineers in your library, select properties, then the 'Betas' tab. Select 'develop' in the drop-down, then hit close. Steam should download the new files automatically.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Visentinel

Visentinel Junior Engineer

I worked with the CEO of my provider and they now offer a drop down list selector in the ACPLAYER control panel under steam update. its really cool.

No im not name dropping the provider i just said the name of the control panel i have to use to admin my server, ACP stands for "Admin Control Panel"

3. Beastion01

Beastion01 Trainee Engineer

ääähm the Steam Id is not correct ?!

4. CptTwinkie

CptTwinkie Master Engineer

That is the appID of the dedicated server. It doesn't contain the full game so it's a smaller download.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.