Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[HS] Hyperion Systems - Next Generation Ships - Wildcat MLRS Corvette Available Now!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by iN5URG3NT, May 3, 2015.

?

What Ship Class should I concentrate on next? (See post on page 3 for details)

1. UFAC

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  2. FAC (Includes Refits)

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. Corvettes (Includes Refits)

10 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. Frigates

5 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. Destroyers

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. Ships of the Line

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  7. Carriers

25 vote(s)
    32.1%
  8. Stations

17 vote(s)
    21.8%
  9. More small ships please. Large grid is expensive!

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  10. No more warships! Build more Standard Interplanetary Mining stuff!

11 vote(s)
    14.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Adardoth Trainee Engineer

Ghost for sure!!! I'm super excited to see that one. And really to tell you the truth the banshee or the wight. The revenant is incredibly awesome too. Want to see them all but I understand about not wanting to spam the work shop.

2. Adardoth Trainee Engineer

@ insurgent
    I'm wondering what your carrier will have as far as services. Will it have refining abilities. And what sort of space is in it for the fighters and bomber? Will it be able to support a repairing facility?

3. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

@Adardoth here's the specification

12-15Kt (Estimate).
    6m/s+ (Estimate)
    Mostly light armour with heavy armour skeleton and armoured bridge.
    Full crew facilities and medical for 50+ crew/pilots.
    Industrial Capability (Refinery/Arc Furnace/Assembler Numbers TBC)
    Jump Drives.

Capacity:
    18 Combat Vessels and 2 Support Vessels plus Ship Factory

4 x Hangar A (3 x Wasp/Dragonfly/Locust each)
    2 x Hangar B (2 x Scarab each, reload system)
    1 x Hangar C (2 x Barracuda/Stingray)
    1 x Hangar D (Wasp/Dragonfly/Locust Ship Factory)
    1 x Hangar E (2 x Support Drone)

The hull is finished, but the interior still needs quite a bit of work.

4. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Since skyboxes are working, sort of, in DX11, I thought it was time for a fleet screenshot. I wanted to put all my work in, but the simspeed was diabolical, so I skipped stations and small craft.

Hyperion Systems Large Ship Fleet AKA How to set your computer on fire. :D

[​IMG]

And since I'm at it, here's my WIP UESC Competition entry, Hyperion Systems Experimental Division presents; The Tempest:

[​IMG]

I really need to get some of these uploaded...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Adardoth Trainee Engineer

When do you think you might have your next batch out bud?

6. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

I'm pretty busy IRL at the moment, but the Falchion Support Cruiser should be out this week. It's finished, but I need to do screenshots, thumbnails etc. If that goes ahead ok, the first lot of UFAC will be next week. My UESC entry will be sometime soon too, since there is a deadline on that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  8. Adardoth Trainee Engineer

Let the construction begin!!!!

9. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

Still amused about that "horn" on the drones, should have called one of them "Rhino", the other "Unicorn" :p Just joking...
    But the Cruiser is awesome work, as expected after seeing the preview! Maybe ill mod this one, always wanted to take hand on a HS Ship (more than just a new paintjob!), but couldnt decide which one yet! And since im more on the industrial than warmaschinery-side i guess this may fit!

10. Old Rover TJ Trainee Engineer

Some good looking ships you got there dude. I love the lines of the Falchion, I might re purpose it into a light corvette. It's certainly got the acceleration.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Adardoth Trainee Engineer

After today's patch I gotta ask if you have gotten and ideas on some gunships? Also if they are adding in fleets I hope yours is one of the ones added in would be pretty cool to see faction warfare in a survival setting in my Lil survival world now.

12. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Nearly ready to upload...

• Like Like x 3
  13. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

nice one, looks like you kept the athmospheric thrusters... good luck with it on the contest, ill keep my fingers crossed (?) ! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Adardoth Trainee Engineer

WOW!!!!! THAT IS JUST ALL OUT!!! THAT IS AWESOME LOOKING SHIP.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Those corridors are stunning.

I know corridors and passage ways are mundane things compared to all the rest of the fun bits you get to build on a ship, but making them look nice is way harder than it looks, and you definitely pulled it off! *thumbs up*

• Like Like x 1
  16. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Thanks guys. It's been a bit of a bitch to build, but that's probably my insistence on having VTOL capability. It will lift itself and 50t of ammo out of 1g. Also, would tear most tanks apart with it's 12 sequenced 50mm cannons. Other features include ECM in the wings and two Jumpdrives. I'm not sure of my chances in the competition as I've seen some epic looking entries, but I've learned some new tricks, so it's all good.

17. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Good luck! :>

• Like Like x 1
  18. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 5
  19. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

That is one of the most beautiful creations I've ever seen in Space Engineers. And it's functional -- hubba hubba!

• Like Like x 1
  20. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

@Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Thanks man!

Back to vanilla now! UFAC coming next week! The first pack should include the Banshee, Ghost, Ghoul, Revenant & Wight. World and 5 BPs. I'm currently trying to bring the total UFAC up to 15, anyone have any role suggestions? I'm thinking a dropship and a command vessel, but after that I'm not sure.

21. Adardoth Trainee Engineer

I could see the need for a dropship. However that goes into other areas like drop pods and vehicles and the like. What would your other companies design be? (S.I.M.)

• Like Like x 1
  22. Kovendon Apprentice Engineer

A few quick ideas while I'm on my lunch break-

-VIP shuttle...
    -"Jumper" long range recon vessel...
    -Mobile stealth comm relay (laser antennas)...

• Like Like x 1
  23. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Yea, I'm not sure whether I want to do the "Carryall" style yet, that will take planning.

There is only one published creation by SIM, this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=471345879 I'm probably going to change colours, I don't like that yellow anymore.

I like the sound of the VIP shuttle. I think I can do a decent planetary shuttle with less than 700 tons. We shall see. As for the other two, Recon is covered by the Shadow and the other suggestion is basically the Command ship I mentioned.

24. Adardoth Trainee Engineer

Have you considered a drone carrier platform with a light armament?

25. Agnar Apprentice Engineer

Love that SSGL! It's very well made and the shape is awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  26. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Check out the Tempest vs two small large grid ships, the Galene and Naiad.

Against the odds, The Tempest seems to hold up pretty well against the large grid. The active ECM (timer switched decoys) works a charm, greatly improving the Tempest's durability vs enemy turrets. Respect to @Agnar for giving me that idea a few pages back.

If you think that kind of durability is scary on a small ship, you're really not going to like the fact that the same system is on all of my destroyers... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  27. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

I really need to implement that kind of system. Hmmm ... I do have a few spare block spaces ...

• Like Like x 1
  28. Obsidian9 Trainee Engineer

I am going to have to take your ECM system apart to see how it ticks :pbjt:. I had been experimenting with such a concept for your KVR6 but had found no increase in durability (turret tracking rate is insane just over 1 second to flip 180* target and fire for a missile turret). The thought of even more durable decoys is too good to pass up further testing though.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Hm, I've thought of deployable decoys, but never of decoy cycling. You sir are a decoy genius =) Also the ship looks really good

• Like Like x 1
  30. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

I've started the next generation of Hyperion Systems Small Ships.

[​IMG]

(Old Locust I, New Locust II, Old Wasp I, New Wasp II)

Cargo space has been greatly decreased, but the trade off is more than worth it. The new ships have all the features of the old, plus a much larger powerplant, significantly more thrust, wing tip decoys, weapon sequencing, built in projectors, merge blocks and more guns.

2 down, 5 to go...

Then I finish Athena.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.