Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[HS] Hyperion Systems - Next Generation Ships - Wildcat MLRS Corvette Available Now!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by iN5URG3NT, May 3, 2015.

?

What Ship Class should I concentrate on next? (See post on page 3 for details)

1. UFAC

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  2. FAC (Includes Refits)

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. Corvettes (Includes Refits)

10 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. Frigates

5 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. Destroyers

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. Ships of the Line

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  7. Carriers

25 vote(s)
    32.1%
  8. Stations

17 vote(s)
    21.8%
  9. More small ships please. Large grid is expensive!

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  10. No more warships! Build more Standard Interplanetary Mining stuff!

11 vote(s)
    14.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Is that even in question? ;)

2. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Yea, Grav assisted launch like the Komodo has is very cool. Now rotors are much less crazy than they were, perhaps small grid Grav torpedoes are still worth a go.

We're allies Hank! The Eridani Fleet is the second largest in the Ceresian Alliance so the The Eridani Union has nothing to fear from the CEU. I'd really like to see your take on this new technology, any new guided missile ships planned? Because what we really need to worry about is the guy below... :D

I believe that particular race started a few days ago with the Shadow! The Python and the Scarab II will hopefully be done by the 20th, that'll give us two guided missile vessels each. I don't know about you, but I'm planning on using this system a lot. There's nothing like competition to boost motivation, come at me bro, it is on like Donkey Kong! :D

As Whip said, these missiles are small grid based, we're all using the rotor trick to mix grids. I'm not sure on the cost VS a small grid grav torpedo, but I don't think missiles are anymore expensive really, maybe even cheaper if you take the Grav Gens required for Grav Torpedoes into consideration. Everything on the small grid seems cheap to me anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Action Hank Trainee Engineer

Well the last destroyer I built was originally supposed to have a sister ship. The one I built used a cheap grav cannon and the other one was going to have an expensive missile system so they could complement each other. But then I got bogged down doing refits for the whole fleet (adding the new doors, improving my ECM etc.). Now that my entire workshop is updated, finishing that destroyer is at the top of my list. After that I'm looking into different ideas for light attack craft using the new missiles.

• Like Like x 2
  4. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Thanks to some scipting by @Whiplash141, I've got all the tools I need to integrate GASP missiles into my future ships. Here's my take on a Small Grid Missile Bomber, the Scarab II:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reload system will be based on Athena.

• Like Like x 3
  5. mhalpern Senior Engineer

I have an idea for a ship class that doesn't exactly fit on the list, a jump sled/ transport to deliver atmospheric craft (air or ground, non-orbital) to a planet's gravity well- as such craft would have no further need for ion engines or jump drives, they could cut down on space and weight or use it for other stuff by not having those things in the first place and using a "sled" to get to the planet's gravity well, and letting gravity take them the rest of the way there.

6. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

That Scarab looks fantastic! And I'm amazed at how small you made those missiles!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

@Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Thanks, I'd already built a reload system for 3x2 kinetics so I had to be economical with blocks. BTW, while we're on the subject of missiles, your use of slide doors for a vertical launch system is genius! My missile refit of the Python is nowhere near as elegant, more spray and pray :D

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Just a couple more space only ships before Keen drops the P Bomb. Here's the last two UFAC and, IMO, I've saved the best for last

CEU Phantom ECM Boat
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551801080

[​IMG]

Decoy pods are still affected by some bugs, but the concept is sound. When they pods are not getting deleted by Space Master and turrets are targeting properly, this little ship can keep a significant amount of turrets busy. Perfect for countering PD so your PMW and small ships can get through.

CEU Vampire Ultra Heavy Interceptor
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551800581

[​IMG]

Originally inspired by @AutoMcD's Franz Gunship, this vicious little ship is a Ultra Heavy Interceptor. You wouldn't think a large grid ship could be an interceptor, but then most large grid ships don't go 27.4m/s/s.

Looking forward to building atmospheric stuff soon!

• Like Like x 2
  9. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Looks good! Can't wait to try them out

10. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

My first go at atmospheric craft, just a light gunship.

[​IMG]

Planets are awesome. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

i see your gunship and raise you my own

seriously, not trying to copy you. i had been planning a gunship since i knew about atmospheric thrusters :p CEU and PFS are just really going at it these days (it's also interesting how our paint schemes [the blue and light gray] are basically just inverted lol)

you have a very nice and efficient model there, though. mine is very sluggish... i'm going to try again, but will probably keep this one around anyway

• Like Like x 1
  12. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

I need to actually find some time, but I've been planning something like Vampire for a while. There is really no practical reason why death cubes, or even modest gat wall craft can't also function as interceptors regardless of grid size.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

I bet we'll see Helicarriers soon...

Here's something to break them. :p

CEU Tarantula Atmospheric Guided Missile Bomber

[​IMG]

Yes, those are atmospheric GASPs. Yes, they work in natural gravity. Yes, that is a reload system. Boom. :)

• Like Like x 5
  14. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Ooohhh! Nice! I wanna build an aircraft like that too. So far, all I managed to get working is a modified VTOL gunship.

15. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

what the crap. my first atmospheric LARP failed. now i have to try again

16. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

your atmospheric what-now?

First thing I could think of was Rhett and Link with their "Loser And Reject Party". :woot:

17. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

Laser Assisted Remote Penetrator

PFS version of the GASP missile

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Nice....i can't seem to be able to build a nice looking atmospheric ship....

19. mhalpern Senior Engineer

I also bet we will be seeing helicarriers soon both for military and the utility of saving hydrogen, as well as SAMs, on that reload system- remember inventory mass, overload it and it won't fly.

I wonder how long it will take to figure out a gravity well operable, launch system that doesn't use hydrogen, can go against gravity, and send stuff beyond the atmospheric thruster limit, and how much higher would it be on average- rotor wheel pitching machine might be workable- or they would be if it wasn't for that pesky 30rpm, then of course there's centripetal acceleration- but that requires lots of space and perfect timing, that leaves the good old timed release- you accelerate your launcher as fast and high as possible and just before you start decelerating, you release the projectile- which has its own problem of gravity accelerating it downwards about the same rate it is accelerating the launcher...

Another thing which would be interesting is hydrogen launch systems designed to carry small space battle groups into orbit- be it a fighter drone squad or a few light frigates, the gravity- before atmospheric thrusters start working would be the most dangerous place for an invading force to find itself in combat, so it would make sense to try and defend there.

20. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Yea, I did a bit of maths and also tested in game, it will carry 2 + 6 missiles. Should be enough to ruin somebody's day. :D

21. mhalpern Senior Engineer

there's still the maneuverability factor- how many extra would you suggest would be optimal- not enough to slow you down too much but still enough to ruin somebody's day? at 6 I'm sure its staining hard enough that you not only cant dodge much, but cant afford to loose a lift thruster- speaking of which- the easy start atmospheric miner needs a few more thrusters pointing up- way too easy to find yourself upside-down and forced to use her for scrap- looking for a decent early miner design now- wheeled preferably- theoretically harder to overfill- already built that projected wheeled vehicle- I intend to convert it to a mining truck.

22. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  23. malleusmintaka Trainee Engineer

Amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  24. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

Tested, liked, rated and recommented!

• Like Like x 1
  25. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 4
  26. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

Cooler than the Mantis if you ask me! Not that the Mantis is a bad one, but... this one has charm ;)

27. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  28. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  29. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

HS and WMI present...

CEU Harbinger Orbital Bombardment Platform

More details and Workshop upload tomorrow!

• Like Like x 3
  30. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

All awesome, but the Tigershark in particular is gorgeous!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.