Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

I hope you are proud of yourselves Keen...

Discussion in 'General' started by JakeCWolf, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. JakeCWolf Trainee Engineer

Because you should be. Sorry for those expecting a salt encrusted rant thread filled to brim with vitriol and overflowing with pent up frustration, but as of this massive update to Space Engineers, there is very little left in my own self and I'd wager the greater majority of the community as a whole.

I just wanted to show my appreciation for all your hard work, something I fear with all the childish spite that infests the gaming community like a plague, you guys don't get enough of. I've been in it for the long haul too, I purchased Space Engineers way back in the early alpha, circa November 2013. And she's come a long way since then, you guys took a lot of risks, truly took a long shot out into uncharted waters and past all the trials and tribulations you've truly made Space Engineers something truly special. The growing number of Space Engineer clones cropping up should be testament to your success.

All and all, despite some minor, off and on moderately annoying issues still hanging around, Space Engineers is 10,000% more playable then it's ever bin, so cheers for all the hard work, and despite knowing you are eager to move on from it, I hope you truly never give up developing it completely.

Cheers from my a happy Engineer,
    Jake

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NoThanks Apprentice Engineer

I have been a vocal critic of KSH for some time now and I must admit that the MP update made huge strides in the right direction... I can actually play the game again for one. That being said... there were plenty of stumbles and inconsistencies along the way that warranted a great deal of the frustration that was thrown around. In time the game may yet truly become what it has the potential to be, as is... I think it's been a fun ride and well worth the time and effort put into it.

Here's looking forward to seeing how they improve non-creative aspects of the game!

And again, well done KSH for pulling out some meaningful advance in the state of multiplayer... finally.

Benjamin Engineers again!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I think you have to frame the harsh criticisms in context. The majority, not all of them, are from people who are very passionate about the game. If you look at the number of hours people have put in the game, the number of items posted on their workshops... the amount of in-game scripting, etc. you'll find people who are very much into the game. Criticisms are often harsh. That's why they are criticisms. It doesn't make it easier to develop a game. But in each one there is often something to be acknowledged.

There is also nothing wrong with giving genuine praise. The multiplayer release was well done. It isn't perfection; but nothing ever is. I think Keen is on the right path for sowing the seeds to Space Engineers II; which could mean a nice recharge of funding if SE1 delivers the goods.

With the final future release of SE1, Keen will be in a good position to frame out the requirements of a new game now that the community has a tangible idea of the game and its features.

I just hope we get away from the impossible weekly update model. I found it counter-productive. Waiting months for an update isn't as instant-gratifying as a weekly update... but the conservative release of builds seems to yield much more positive results from the community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Arcturus Senior Engineer

LOL rant thread fake out.

It is cool that they listened to the community and put in the female engineer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

The multiplayer has improved but I wouldn't say its amazing. Every DS server I have played on since the patch has at one point or another had extreme lag, so bad that it was entirely unplayable during that period.

It could be server settings or someone trying to make some giant ship but it's definitely still lagging just not as much as before.

6. NoThanks Apprentice Engineer

I'm 98% sure that it's a$$holes that just want to put servers to the test... and hopefully break something in the process. I'm now dubbing them, simspeed griefers.

I was on a server last night with a dude that fessed up to having a 200+ welder wall to print "cruisers"... You know on a single player server, or a closed and relatively small semi-public server... Okay sure. Cool bro. But on a larger, open public server there's no reason to hog up that many resources on a game you KNOW will have adverse effects from that much erroneous shit going on.

Part of it is on the server host for allowing it. Part of it is the "Me first!" mentality that plagues humanity. But the real problem is people are taking this update as a free license to build CPU intensive grids just to show them off to other players and humblebrag about how many hours it took to build and how big the custom rail gun is and blah blah blah.... Don't piss all over the walls in a public restroom. Take only what you need from the feast and leave some for everyone else. Stop being a one man resource hog and maybe build your 3rd largest capitol ship instead of 6 of your 1st largest capital ships.... Maybe don't labor all day to build that 800 drill rotary bore hole miner you've been itching to try out. You know... don't be a douche and I suspect most server sim speeds will hover pretty steady.

Important to know, I run this game on a brick for financial reasons and up until this past update I Was completely unable to do anything in game. Now, not only can I play it, but unless some asshat is doing something that really should be saved for private... Like printing cruisers, or crashing ships because ya don't know how to fly yet... My sim speed will stay steady and right around 1... which is remarkable.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  7. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Ye problem is the game will always have limits and those who wish to break them, i've been pretty lucky with the servers i've used and our own one coming online soon will be pretty good too hopefully :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.