Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Inf0rm4tix Server Mod Manager

Discussion in 'Modding Guides and Tools' started by Inf0rmatix, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Inf0rmatix Trainee Engineer

Dear Space Engineers Community,

I proudly announce the first release of my tool 'Inf0rm4tix Space Engineers Server Mod Manager' ~ SE SMM
    This handy little program allows easy and useable management of mod ids for server hosters, not having access to the dedicated server tool, or want a more pleasant way of adding and removing mods to and from their server.

You can download the stable version here: Download

I am using joseporiol's TitleExtractor, which can be found here: Link
    All credits for the tool go to myself.

Please leave feedback in the comments! :)

[​IMG]

Small How-To:
    • "Load Id File" expects a .txt file containing only! the part from your servers config file in this format: <unsignedLong>123456789</unsignedLong> seperated by linebreaks.
    • "Extract from .cfg" expects your "SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg"
    • "Go to Mainpage" will load Steam-Workshop mainpage for SE
    • "Add From Page" - If you are viewing a mod in the tool you can use this button to add it to your list or paste an url into the textfield first and then press this button
    • Text-Field in the top - You might want to copy a link to a mod you want to add there and than use "Add From Page"
    • "Save to file" will write all ids of the mods in the list in a .txt file you selected, which will be OVERWRITTEN in the format <unsignedLong>123456789</unsignedLong> seperated by linebreaks. After that you will need to open your "SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg", find the <Mods> tag and put the contents if the .txt file between the <Mods> and the </Mods> tag. If you didn't use any mods the closing </Mods> might be missing, in this case add it in a new line behind the last entry
    IMPORTANT

You do not have to manually write the mod ids in an existing sandbox.sbc file. Simply delete everything in the <Mods></Mods> section and restart your server.

As long as you have updated your server config it will automatically add all mods in the config to the sandbox.sbc file and use them.

Now enjoy!

UPDATE 1
    • Fixed a bug where a removed item still appeared in the listview but was technically deleted from the list via "Remove from list"
    --- Automerge ---
    #1 Comment reserved for further additions and improvements :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Iomega0318 Trainee Engineer

Very nice!

3. M. Bourne Trainee Engineer

Please help this link no longer works :(

"You can download the stable version here: Download"

4. Dan2D3D Moderator

2016 is way too old and you could have created a new forum discussion for your Mod

THe game is not the same at all now and no need to reopen old dead discussions ;)
    --- Automerge ---
    @M. Bourne

Also, yes the link is not working.

5. M. Bourne Trainee Engineer

Oh lol sorry I didn't look to see how old this post was thanks... All though it is still a great program! I wish Keen would incorporate this into the Space Engineers dedicated server. Or can you recommend a similar plugin or program?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.