Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Infernotech Industries (Newest Entry : (ITI) Eden Preset 01 "Grove")

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by PyreStarite, Jul 1, 2015.

?

What should I focus on building next?

1. ITI Exploration Vessel = Prophet + Priest Exploration Shuttle

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. ITI Colonist Vessel = Olympus

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Expanded Triton Guard Chasie = New Cruiser

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Carrier (ohgawdpleasedontpickthisoneimnotprepared)

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  5. Seige Corvette/Frigate

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. Strike Bomber

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Armored Gunship

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. Drop Ship

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  9. Moar Drones!

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  10. LAZER POINTER OF DOOOOOMMMMM!!!

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

Infernotech Industries (ITI) Resource Refinement and Manufacturing

---- NAMES ----
    InfernoTech Industries

---- FOUNDED ----

---- HOMEWORLD (s) ----
    Mars-Jupiter Asteroid Belt
    Ceres Overworld (Shared with CEU York and IG), "The Veil" Region

---- MAJOR POP CENTERS ----
    Ceres : Capria Surface
    Ceres : Capria Underworld
    Eunomia : New Houston
    Station : Gate 1
    Juno : New Dibol

---- GOVERNMENT ----
    Corporatocratic Meritocracy : Shareholders hire political leaders to govern sectors and population centers in the belt based on merit and must meet a given requirement. Hired officials can also be voted down by a 2/3 majority public vote event which occurs once every two solar years. Only employed citizens under ITI governing may vote for political officials. Economic competition is encouraged inside of the belt, and government funded job centers help civilians find work as well as provide limited economic and political education. The Department of Internal Affairs and Inspections has local offices in every sector and deals in checks in balances among political and business officials when reported by citizens.

---- POPULATION ----
    ~ 12 Million (Estimated as of 2100)

---- LANGUAGE ----
    Martian : Conglomeration of the languages spoken by the nations who colonized Mars. Mainly used by former martians.
    English : Spoken as a universal language amongst the governments of Sol.

--- The Veil ---
    A mountainous region in the southern central part of Ceres' surface, cradling a few very well protected settlements in its cold, stone embrace.

--- Military Support ---
    InfernoGuard (Vanilla Military Branch)
    InfernoGuard Special Operations (Modded Military Branch)

--- Summary ---
    What was ITI in the past?
    InfernoTech Industries was originally a modest mining empire on Earth on the east side of the Rocky Mountains, when the first shipments of ore started to come in from the Asteroid Belt, it was an opportunity being missed out on. ITI's resources were moved into the Belt and began as a new spacefareing mining industry. After the first few months in the belt, ITI struggled with pirates plundering its trade lanes and properties. This is when the IG was formed to counter the brigands and was permanently integrated as ITI's personal bodyguard.

What is ITI now?
    InfernoTech Industries is a mining and manufacturing corporation founded in 2034 to harvest the bountiful resources of the asteroid belt. Its political, economic, and population capital, Capria, is on the Ceresian Overworld. The InfernoGuard is an ex-Mercenary group employed by ITI to protect its assets. IG focuses on speed an firepower in order to keep up with the unpredictability of space-faring pirates. IG also makes heavy use of RC Drones which are used as disposable units for initiating combat.

What is ITI in the future?
    After the Europa Conflict, ITI requested permission from both the CEU and the PR to expand its mining operations into the Jupiter Greek camp of asteroids, but was ultimately shot down by Phoenix. Some time after this, ITI received a formal invitation from the Eridani Union, who already had operations in the Greeks, to expand their mining operations there. With the brewing of a 3rd Martian War, ITI offered to supply the PR with ships and weapons, but Amphion ended up taking this position in the end.

--- Story ---

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

3. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  4. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

5. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

InfernoGuard Retired Units
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726395029

--- Old Builds ---
    Creative World Series 1 : Dawn of Time (Really)
    Survival World Series 2 : Holes in the Ground
    Creative World Series 3 : Dog Fighting League Entries
    Survival World Series 4 : Triple Corvette Threat

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bipin Trainee Engineer

That asteroid base/processing facility is quite nice!

7. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Well thank you. Bout time somebody decided to speak up and say somethin'.

8. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Sorry, I'm really bad at this. I tried at least~

Infernotech Industries (Infernoguard) Valkyrie Gunship

Role : High damage output and equipment transporter

[​IMG]

Large amount of weapons and carry ability for transporting armor and other equipment with a compatible latch mechanism. Named "Valkyrie" after the norse mythological angel that carried fallen warriors to Valhala.

Stats:

Survival Ready! All oxygen tanks come filled with oxygen, and all batteries are fully charged. Also comes with 28 missile containers and 232 ammo containers. In addition to celebrate the new update, the top 3 SCCs hold 1 elite assault rifile and 20 magazines each, while the fourth SCC has a precise assault rifle and 20 magazines, and 120 more magazines in the 5th and 6th SCC.

Workshop Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=569802348

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  9. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Clunas Junior Engineer

I hate to say it, but those rocket launchers are a liability. You'll likely hit yourself if you fire while maneuvering quickly

Also: That's some nice cargo you got there :p

11. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Yeah, I know that rockets tend to be a little a lot iffy, but that's just the way that the armor played out. And its not cargo, that's my low oxygen APC prototype. I just wanted to see if the valkyrie could lift it without any help from the APC and it actually can lift it surprisingly, but I encountered a glitch where trying to disconnect the buffer shorts out the thrusters.

12. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Glitch didn't occur this time, and the APCs are getting closer to finished. But before that I had another idea at lunch for cheap attack drones.

But for some reason, after setting a GPS at the 'targets' and telling them to go straight there, the drones kinda refused to move. And yes I did enable autopilot and have RC blocks.

I also got to test the Valkyrie in its combat prowess.

Now to find out why the drones wouldn't move...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  13. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

InfernoTech Industries (Infernoguard) Centaur Armored Personnel Carrier

Role : Transportation of personel in low oxygen environments.

[​IMG]

Capacity of 7 personel including the pilot supplied by an oxygen and battery caches and one defensive turret. Also includes a Buffer unit with backup supplies and utilities. Named Centaur after the half man half horse mythological creature known for its speed and archery skill.

Stats:

Other Images (WARNING : IMAGE HEAVY)

Survival Ready! All oxygen tanks come filled with oxygen, and all batteries are fully charged. Also comes with 454 ammo containers, 4 elite assault rifiles, 2 precise assault rifle and 20 magazines, 120 more magazines, and 7 filled oxygen bottles.

14. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Refitted the old Mercury for better performance in atmospheres. Also switched it to battery power.

InfernoTech Industries (InfernoGuard) Mercury 2 Light Reconnaissance Vehicle

Role: Scouting and recon purposes but can still bring the pain.

[​IMG]

Stats:

Includes:

Survival Ready! Battery is fully charged and all guns are loaded.

Workshop Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580789584

: WARNING : Missile Turret is not connected via connectors and is loaded with only two shots, but all targeting systems are turned off so it can be used manually. Can be manually reloaded from the back.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  15. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

InfernoTech Industries (InfernoGuard) Rook Modular Defensive System

[​IMG]

Modular turret and cargo system capable of connecting with other compatible systems and with copies of itself to form towers, or individually to cover larger areas.

Rook Modular Turret Tower

Rook Modular Cargo Base

Survival Ready! All batteries are fully charged and all guns are locked and loaded.

Workshop Links:

Modular Turret
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=581356536

Modular Base
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=581361635

: WARNING : When operating the modular turrets, keep in mind that the 1 and 2 systems are top and bottom. The antennae will help you determine which item is which.
    ex. antennae 2 is on the bottom with connector 2 and merge block 2.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Improvement upon the Valkyrie v1 with updated color scheme and programming shortcuts.

Infernotech Industries (Infernoguard) Valkyrie Gunship 2

[​IMG]

Role : High damage output and equipment transporter

Large amount of weapons and carry ability for transporting armor and other equipment with the compatible latch mechanism. Named "Valkyrie" after the norse mythological angel that carried fallen warriors to Valhala.

Stats:

Survival Ready! All oxygen tanks come filled with oxygen, and all batteries are fully charged. Also comes with 28 missile containers and 232 ammo containers. In addition to celebrate the new update, the top 3 SCCs hold 1 elite assault rifile and 20 magazines each, while the fourth SCC has a precise assault rifle and 20 magazines, and 120 more magazines in the 5th and 6th SCC.

Workshop Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=598124457

• Like Like x 1
  17. newtonsolo313 Apprentice Engineer

drones need an active antenna if you want to do anything with them

18. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Yes, I am very well aware. The drones mentioned a good while ago worked perfectly well in rc but did not cooperate when it came to autopilot.

19. newtonsolo313 Apprentice Engineer

auto pilot is weird on planets for instance a drone will go up a mountain in a stairs pattern
    it would help if there was a workshop link

20. newtonsolo313 Apprentice Engineer

wait were the targets below the drones because they have no downward thrusters

21. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

I would love to test these theories out but something has occurred in the game again and they can't even stay airborne now, even if I triple the amount of upward thrusters, double the batteries, and add downward thrusters. Game is being mean to me.

22. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

This would have been the day to upload like 2 or 3 new toys, but my game crashed for whatever reason, so that will be tomorrow or saturday. But today I do suppose I have a log that may help other users gain a better understanding of drones because they are working for me now.

Drone Experiment Log:
    If there is anything I missed or have questions over, please do let me know and I will see if I can help.

23. newtonsolo313 Apprentice Engineer

That is a really good idea for a drone. it also looks like it might be a good test enemy for testing out new designs. it would be interesting to see it against the pirate drones

24. Krougal Senior Engineer

Nice growing fleet.
    So the Crab caught my eye. How does attaching the landing gear up next to the grinders work out?
    Seems like it might be good for a someone who tends to knock stuff around too much (like me).
    I'm guessing it constantly grinds the attached blocks and then you just nudge up and grab again?

Also I wouldn't consider loaded to the balls with supplies "survival ready". Survival ready is a stripped BP, so when you build it in survival it isn't loaded with free stuff.

25. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

The crab's main purpose was for salvaging captured and junked vessels, and the latching mechanism basically works exactly how you described it. Its really good for grinding blocks that get knocked off and try to fly off into oblivion or just plain refuse to hold still, and yes it does constantly eat at blocks presses against the landing gears. Auto lock is great with this.

26. Krougal Senior Engineer

I tried this last night with a Mining Carriage. Fitted grinders around and flush with the 4 landing gears in the front. Attached to a ship, turned on grinders. No worky. Too far away. I think they nerfed the range of all the shipmounted tools a few patches ago, so maybe this worked prior? Have you used the Crab lately?

27. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Not in a year or so. Just remember you have to balance the range of the grip and the range grinder. From the image I see of the crab, the landing gears are flush with the block box of the grinders (Hit box, area of effect, whatever~)

28. Krougal Senior Engineer

Hmmm...I wonder...Crab is SG ship yes?
    I'll have to give that a try tonight. LG this definitly doesn't work.
    Trying to find an efficient salvaging setup.

29. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

If you're going large grid, I recommend a Grinder Pit and just have a hauler push things in or use piston to grab things and then pull them in.

30. Krougal Senior Engineer

Yeah, those seem to be the 2 options left if the Crab design has been broken by range nerf.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.