Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Is it just me........

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Steven Parker, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Steven Parker Trainee Engineer

Hi Guys

I'm still trying to load SE but got graphic issues, everything has been updated and have over the specs required yet still won't load. Yet for some reason KEEN has not replied or try to help. Thinking of asking Stream for a refund. Anyone else having these issues?

2. Malware Master Engineer

Let me guess: You're running Windows 7.

The game requires DirectX 11.1. Microsoft makes it a serious pain in the ass to install DirectX 11.1 on Windows 7.

3. GingaReppu Trainee Engineer

This is an issue in and of itself as for some of us windows updates gets stuck at 0% of hours for just that one update I left my machine running for a full 48 hours with no background programs running and it never updated or installed.

and of course there is no way around this so I'm stuck with an unplayable build of Space engineers. I think in hindsight they should have gone with OpenGL for their rendering

4. Sinbad Senior Engineer

Im running win7 64b and got no problems. never did anything special to get dx11.1, SE runs fine, so i must have it. I think i may have gotten dx11.1 through nvidia updates?

5. GingaReppu Trainee Engineer

No you do have it, otherwise you would be having problems.

The issue is that in order to update you need to use microsoft update, there is no stand alone installer for the update. The issue is MSU likes to hang and the "fix" for this is to install ANOTHER windows update. Can you spot the issue with that? I hope so. This was a bad idea and I hope Keen is ready to either fix this or offer refunds because I know I'm not the only one who is affected by this and has gone through every "fix"

6. Malware Master Engineer

Sinbad never said he didn't have it, he said he hasn't done anything to get it.

Come on man. Be reasonable. Keen can't see the future, you know. How the hell could they know some of the players would have problems with Windows Update? This is not Keen's fault, they're as much a victim in this as you are. Most likely, on Keen's testing machines, this just worked without any hitch. One should be able to assume this would just work, but it doesn't.

7. GingaReppu Trainee Engineer

No they are sort of the blame by using 11.1 for whatever reasons. They might have had a leg to stand on if they said this might happen due some internal testing. Which there should ALWAYS be an internal testing team.

Also Keen is most likely working on machines that are natively capable of running this, which would explain why it was don with not much thought. I'm not just upset for myself, but for the others out there experiencing this issue. Then again with microsoft being what they are my hate for their products is growing and this entire situation is a good reason why people need to start understanding how OpenGL works

8. Malware Master Engineer

While there are enough people having this problem that it is a problem, plenty enough people do not, meaning that the chance of this actually happening on Keen's testing machines is negligible, even making a plain assumption that they are running tests on Windows 7. It's all about the numbers. If it had failed during their tests, they'd have found another solution. Some of us has been around Keen for quite some time and have some knowledge of how they work. They have made their share of bad decisions, but this one is not their fault. Reasonable expectations for the information given.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.