Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Is it me, or are there significantly less new bug reports since the branch split?

Discussion in 'General' started by kcjunkbox, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. kcjunkbox Senior Engineer

or have they just fix all the bugs and there's no more to report?

2. fourthquantum Senior Engineer

less people are playing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. DuneD Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  4. KissSh0t Master Engineer

There is certainly less bug reports being made with SE... I guess it really is because of stable branch.

The falloff on players with Medieval Engineers is crazy.. although not as bad as this sorry excuse of something you can't really call a video game being made by Derek Smart http://steamcharts.com/app/266620

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Harrekin Master Engineer

I think the problem is they're not really "games" yet which Keen is trying to remedy now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DuneD Junior Engineer

It seems like they aren't doing a good job about it :p

7. Harrekin Master Engineer

Features take time.

One section of the community demands that certain members of staff are let go to benefit x department.

Other section says the same thing to the benefit of y department.

The two morals of the story?

You can't please everyone

and

Throwing more resources at a project doesn't necessarily increase the speed of its delivery.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DuneD Junior Engineer

What features ? :p

9. Krougal Senior Engineer

Well considering I stopped playing for about 2 months, been dinking around in creative mostly last couple patches, but survival SP is actually worse than ever.
    I shudder to imagine MP survival. So I can see myself shelving SE again for a few months soon and hope they get their shit together.
    I'm sure a lot of other people are going through the same cycles.
    Seperate stable/bleeding edge branches are not a bad thing in and of themselves, but this was certainly very premature for SE.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Well i sure hope somebody picks up that phone.

11. Harrekin Master Engineer

What do you think their staff do 8 hours a day? Twiddle their thumbs and high five each other all day?

12. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I hear there is a veritable amount of "chatting standing around the watercooler" as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Harrekin Master Engineer

It's funny when the people that imply Marek took everyone's money also imply he pays people to do nothing.

Not implying you said that, just saying.

14. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I's a Blizzard-meme.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. LFCavalcanti Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

muhahahahaha

• Like Like x 2
  16. RayvenQ Moderator

Well, the falloff with Medieval engineers isn't exactly suprising, it's gotten NOTHING at all in a month, with that continuing to happen for, well, nobody knows how long, at least in SE you got bugfixes while planets were being implemented. Given that ME players have, for a long time, been waiting for content, being told you'll have to wait an indefinate amount of time for even bugfixes, let alone content beyond smaller planets, not even getting bugfixes is, less then exciting.

17. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]

18. kcjunkbox Senior Engineer

Yea what features? I thought they were done with features and are just bug fixing now. Which is why I have not been playing much anymore and y I have posted less but reports. I'm afraid the game will get all its bugs fixed but without new game mechanics it is terribly incomplete. I'm bored of it before it is ever complete. Not sure I'll do another early access if by the time it's done I've played it out and the only thing left is a bug free version of a game I've already mastered. I am bummed to come to this conclusion because I think space engineers is one of the best games ever made or at least could be one of the best games ever made and I'm afraid it will never be all that it can be. Unfortunately they started with an engine that cripples a space game where you can only go 100 m/s, I mean that is just sad. And thats not all but it doesn't seem to matter now as there seems to be a real lack of scope of vision. I love is game and have sunk so many hours into it playing and bug reporting and I'm disappointed. Someone please tell me I'm wrong and they are going to make this game great and offer up some proof. I want to believe!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. PLPM Junior Engineer

I´ll only throw the towel when SE is released. There´s still a long time for this to improve. If I can wait for half life 3, then I can endure some bugs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. fabricator77 Apprentice Engineer

I wouldn't worry too much, Keen luckily thought ahead and have a huge stockpile of unresolved bugs to keep them busy lol.

I've got bugs I could report, but I worry that Keen will just make a bigger mess of the game trying to fix them. Also some need video recorded to explain the problem, which complicates matters for me.

• Funny Funny x 3
  21. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

22. JohnDoe Trainee Engineer

Who wants features? Jump drives, particle effects, those were features. Making gravity generators not work on planets, that was a feature. What I want is for my creations to not fucking detonate out of the blue. I'd like to actually be able to build with the parts we have without the creation flying off into orbit without a by-your-leave. I'd like to set the height of my wheels without launching the damn thing a hundred feet into the air.

You want to know why there's less people playing? Because after you've tried five ways of achieving the same thing, you realize that this buggy pile absolutely will not, cannot allow you to engineer clever things. And once you realize that's not possible, what's left of the game is about as pointless as something rendered on a computer can possibly be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Harrekin Master Engineer

You need some extra salt with that?

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. JohnDoe Trainee Engineer

I think I've got plenty. That doesn't mean I'm wrong.

25. PLPM Junior Engineer

I want features. It´s the long term choice.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Harrekin Master Engineer

Severely lacking in patience tho...

27. JohnDoe Trainee Engineer

No it isn't. It's the short term choice. It's easy to slap a few new features on here, a few new features on there, try and get some more players. But if the game never ends up playable, who wants to stick around? If the game actually worked, we'd be able to do amazing things with the toolkit we have. But the game doesn't work. Any mechanically interesting device will either shake itself apart or explode without warning.

To be clear, I'm not against features. Rotors and Pistons, excellent features. If they added cable in, that would be an excellent feature. I'm against the constant adding of features when there are years-old physics problems that prevent the basic functionality of the game.

Ah yes. Because having owned the game for two and a half years and failing to see significant bug improvement in that time means I'm lacking in patience. Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Spets Master Engineer

there are probably thousands of people that probably don't even know/notice they are out of the Dev version updates yet, I guess.

about this people saying that there is less people playing, it has been always around 3k to 5k people playing the game, and I'm talking 24/7 365. Right now is about 4k, I repeat, it was always like this since 3 years ago. so, seriously, make another fake and more credible argument next time. Angry people are always louder and annoying, even if they have their reasons. also, 45K positive reviews, against 5k negative... and yes I read a little the neg reviews, is mostly impatient people or shitty laptop users or people that have no idea how to optimize their PC's... but not going to deny the game still need more performance tweaks.
    Anyways, I agree that the game is not complete, does not feel complete, and the game have a lot of more potential than this. Survival feels like something more is needed, Creative needs more blocks, and MP, well...
    The thing is that a group of people was claiming to stop the features and focus only on bug fixing, now that we have this, the other group of people that want more stuff is angry... LOL
    Next, a group of people wanted to stop this weekly updates for monthly updates or stable updates, now that it is here, the other group against this idea, is angry too ROLF

Edit: also, I can't recommend this game yet. A few people asked me if this is a good game to buy (because sales) and I have to be honest and say, $7.50 is not that much, and you can always refund it. But the game is only working for creative, survival get boring pretty fast, not much to do unless you have a plan, and MP is going to make you mad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. PLPM Junior Engineer

Mate, you have no idea how stuff works do you? Stuff working in a game is extremely important, no doubt, but there are priorities and things that need to take place first; you don´t just start coding without thinking what kind of game you´re doing... I mean, you can, but the amount of issues that arise will be monumental and will take a lot of time to fix.

Drag-Heat up, Lift, diferent point of references for ships, and big changes need to be accounted for RIGHT in this development phase.

I just don´t think you understand the jewel SE is for the category it is in. It should be always crashing and unplayable, only, BARELY, improving as we reach beta, THEN as we reach release, then there´s something to play out for actual periods of time. Right now, in an ALPHA game many people have more than a thousand hours already invested on it.

PD: Coding is not a very tiddy job with big, unfinished projects.

So, no, for the context, you do lack patience. (However I understand the anger)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  30. Harrekin Master Engineer

Are you talking to me?
    --- Automerge ---
    If you haven't seen changes in the game then you're clearly lying about owning it for two and a half years.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.