Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Issues and thoughts on Tutorials (Refining and Jetpack)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by nogare321, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. nogare321 Trainee Engineer

First off, I think they all are great at showing new players the basics.
    However, I found a few issues that could be improved upon:

During the ore refining & component assembly tutorial when trying to cross the gap, it is possible to fall under the platforms. This isn't a problem as I could just respawn after a few seconds. The problem was that my drill was dropped with the dead body, and I hadn't started drilling the Uranium yet. As I've played this game for a while, I knew how to assemble another drill, so I was able to complete this tutorial. However, I thought it might be a good idea to include multiple copies of the tools in case of accidental death, or loading a saved tutorial session.

During the jetpack use tutorial I found an annoying bug at the point where you are to release the mass spheres. If you accidentally turn off the jetpack as you fly into this room, the 2g gravity will hurl you at the spheres for an instant death. upon respawn, the jetpack is still off, so it becomes a race to turn on the jetpack before dying on the spheres. I died several times as I'm pretty slow... It might be better to have the grav gens turn on when releasing the spheres...

Last point is a thought. I have yet to make a scenario, so I don't know if this would work correctly, but could the end of each tutorial have two win conditions that could be chosen by moving into specific places. One just says success as normal, while the other causes the next tutorial to auto load.

Thanks for all your work (to devs) on this great game that gets better every week.

2. Skinface Trainee Engineer

Good feedback thanks

3. PrvtBob-shieldsbobrose1 Trainee Engineer

In the same are with the spheres even if you have the jetpack on and you die and you respawn you are leaning down and it suck you in. I die lake 5 time on the 6th time I restarted the scenario and made share not too die in that are and made it.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.