Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

IT IS TIME

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Hasbinbad, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

this post does not belong to bug posting section. Moving.

@Hasbinbad You can start your own campaign - it is valid and I can understand you concern, no body will restrict you but do not spam Bug Report section of forum. There is a lot of place for discussion in Multiplayer or General discussion section of the forum. You make my work a lot harder. I told you several times already. This is the LAST warning.

2. Hasbinbad Apprentice Engineer

Sorry but the only time anything gets addressed directly is when your job gets harder.

Phand I'm calling your bluff.

Are you really going to ban me because I made a single thread which an easily demonstrable majority of people agree with in a section which I honestly think is the correct place for it but you disagree?

Seriously? Last warning?

lol.

Get off your high horse and send the memo.

3. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Don't trashtalk the board mascot. Particularly not after it just told you to cool down a little.

4. entspeak Senior Engineer

Deluded, he will likely think himself a martyr to his cause.

5. Hasbinbad Apprentice Engineer

That's not what it said, nor how it said it, and I'm not a fanboy in any case.

Persuasion roll FAILED.

6. PT Trainee Engineer

Phand, you must have quite an easy job if this already makes it noticable harder.

When I saw a developer responded to this topic, I thought the impossible happened... but no... the response was not about the major issues.

Hasbinbad, don't call out the man with a gun when you only have a twig to fight with.

7. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Ya like you guys know what a major issue in a game is how many years do you have in programming ha ha. Ya pt your right hasbin is calling out the devs with a gun and he only has the twig to fight with. Phand just keep doing what you're doing and let these sad know it alls make their own opinion even if it may not be the best one.

8. PT Trainee Engineer

Since when is "the ability to program something" the new benchmark? I only remember the measuring of penis size was the way to go.

9. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Because you obviously need to understand something they may already be addressing this it just takes that long because of all the calculations in this game needs to be fixed for the netcode to work and I bet you never thought of that. Oh and one more thing I'm not stating you need to be a programmer I'm stating you can't say the devs are doing it wrong if you don't have any knowledge of programming at least I wouldn't want you to. Also have you considered how the devs feel about this whining maybe they are annoyed by you (I would certainly be).

10. PT Trainee Engineer

Good thing you didn't put money on that bet.

Now, do you also have anything usefull to say? Or maybe something where you are not trying to sound wise.

11. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Yes I do stop complaining because a dev moves a post.

12. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Oh and sorry I should had posted I only learned recently how hard it would be to fix desync in this game. All what I'm saying is you could at least show them some respect. I think I've posted enough on this subject I will continue to check it though bye I hope your happy.

13. PT Trainee Engineer

I have just become the most happy person on earth.

14. nateterp Trainee Engineer

I disagree and agree with this page.

Delivery could be a bit better, but dang if this doesnt frustrate the crap outta me.

So this is alpha, we are supposed to be telling the Devs how things work and what we like/don't like. How the HELL can I do that when I can't use rotors/pistons/landing gear/turrets/merge blocks etc? Guess on how things will work?

Anyway, Phand, even if you didn't post this originally, its on you on how you deal with it. You will choose to Martyr hasbin. Just a simple "Hey guys, please bear with us, we've been working on X and Y and making good progress. Thanks for being loyal! might not be the specific answer we want, but lashing out a someone who is paying to play a game never worked well in the devs favor.

Last note: Devs, we love what you've created. We will pay to play and be loyal. we know you can't finish the game tomorrow, but please respond on some of this stuff that makes it difficult to even test your game! And above all, keep making cool stuff.

15. RedPhoenix Moderator

Yes, last warning!

http://forums.keenswh.com/post/forum-rules-guidelines-6483624?trail=15#1

One more violation of our glory rules, and I will swing the biggest ban-hammer I have in my arsenal.
    And the same warning goes to everyone else who thinks about writing some agressive posts about Keen's developing methods.

16. nateterp Trainee Engineer

I can't decide if this is serious or sarcastic. Can you clue me in?

17. RedPhoenix Moderator

Do you really think I mean it sarcastic in any way if I write in bold, red letters?

18. PT Trainee Engineer

Well I think you've just beat North Korea.

19. nateterp Trainee Engineer

I don't know man. I'm just having trouble with the way this is being handled and it makes me sad :(
    Try to defuse, not threaten. Threatening doesn't help. Welcoming ideas, even harsh ones, will help everyone stay calm.

Source: worked in customer service for 6 years and counting. Over 400 positive reviews from customers.

20. nateterp Trainee Engineer

Please explain to me how you are helping the situation.

21. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Well Nate he's using force because he's annoyed trust me these guys get these insults all the time it happens. May not be the best choice of action but if he wants force let him have it let him destroy himself and I'm talking about pt not red. You need to have a limit or people will try and take advantages because the world is cruel try not to but still have it in your mind. I can under stand peoples concerns for the games development but that doesn't mean insulting a moderator and it also doesn't mean these people should act like keen is doing it wrong and the other way around but let keen do their thing.

22. RedPhoenix Moderator

When some random internet guy insults a staff member, I do take that personal, and there is a certain limit where it is not a simple discussion anymore, but harassment.

And this limit is reached now.

Source:
    Worked as a voluntary moderator and administrator for several forums for more than 10 years.

23. PT Trainee Engineer

Okay, I am very sorry if I somehow insulted, attacked or bothered you in any way.

Now since we have contact with earth; when will we get some reaction? Still no response about the issues, still a half working game, alot of discussions on the forum, alot sad people... and so on...

24. Hasbinbad Apprentice Engineer

I don't think you know what that word means, sir.

[​IMG]

25. Conradian Moderator

harassment
    ˈharəsm(ə)nt,həˈrasm(ə)nt/
    <div class="lr_dct_sf_h" style="padding-top: 10px;">noun

1. <div style="margin-left: 20px;"><div style="margin-left: -20px;"><div style="display: inline;" data-dobid="dfn">aggressive pressure or intimidation.

</div></div>
    </div></div>I think he does...

26. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Don't get involved.

We're up to like 400 shots, and it's obvious some people are trying their hardest to get banned for silly reasons.

27. Conradian Moderator

Sorry, I'm on your side. He's gone from making a point in a somewhat unprofessional manner, to just plan being a troll towards the devs. Really helping the development cycle. I'll leave it to the mods.

28. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Oh I know you are, Just saying that it's a massive waste of time to type out anything at this point, in regards to the subject at hand. Again, trying to get banned and all that.

29. Conradian Moderator

True true... To the suggestions and modding forums *Jets off in a half-modded ship*

30. PT Trainee Engineer

You two again... Stop derailing these topics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.