Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

It took me 13 seconds

Discussion in 'General' started by Robotnik V, Aug 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

To figure out how to abuse the skin drop system...

Blueprint the container, before you check it, enable creative mode tools and paste the container, repeat until you have all the skins. What was the point of skins again?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

it took the devs 13.5 seconds to tell us that the system is actually integrated into steam so it is regulated quite well. What this means is that regardless of how many crates you open you can only get X number of items per day, so go right ahead, copy paste and open to your hearts content, you'll be sorely disappointed after about 100.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

:p It means I can spend 10 seconds opening crates and reach the daily max, instead of spending hours chasing down crates. While we are on the topic you can also modify the sbc file so that drops spawn closer to you and more often. The only question is what is the daily limit? So far it seems to be three.

4. Malware Master Engineer

From how I understand it there's supposed to be a cooldown. Have you actually tried this?

Oh and even if it works, then that's fully on you for cheating ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Knowing how to cheat and the act of cheating.... are they the same thing I wonder?

6. Hunterakagman Trainee Engineer

It's not really hours, they spawn like rabbits. I find the spawning frequency annoying really. I would not mind if they were rarer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

Are the containers equipped with beacons? Would make a nice flashpoint for PvP.

8. PolarWolf Apprentice Engineer

Just chase them down with a grinder ship. Even if you don't get a skin, that's some cheap quick reactor components

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

There doesn't appear to be a cooldown, there might be but I'm not seeing it, also 2 of the three items I found immediately after I restarted space engineers and opened a crate, so that's a thing. Using this method allows you to choose the rarity of items you find, I've just been opening gold crates and I've only received "exceptional" rarity items. As for this being cheating, I play a large variety of games from a large variety of companies, cheating is second nature at this point as it allows me to access features that developers break and then refuse to fix, or get around gimmicky grindy features that don't improve game quality. Also, no I'm not saying the skin idea is a bad idea. Finally, after looking at the skins available, I'm just going to stick to mods because they didn't add a pirate skin. :mad:

After looking through the files, there appears to be two types of beacons. One that only you can see the position of, and another that everyone can see the position of. However, I might be wrong.

10. XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

Has anyone confirmed what the cooldown on cosmetic acquisition is? I got 3 items (a helmet, a grinder, a suit skin) pretty swiftly on Thursday, but not a single thing all day Friday. It doesn't seem to be "per day," but it might be "per 48 hours" perhaps? Maybe "per week?"

11. PolarWolf Apprentice Engineer

So, what does this mythical golden beacon/crate look like?

12. Devon_v Senior Engineer

It's painted yellow I'd imagine.

13. XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

If you're in a server with enough players to spawn one, the color is more yellow than the pale green of the "Unknown Signal" you get individually. They typically spawn 50-100km away, but are visible to all players. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

ooooooooooook, that explains why the items that I have are green tier, but it doesn't explain how I received a grey tier skin, so I guess it's a mix of signal color plus box color??? Sigh, the tf2 drop system makes more sense.

15. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I don't play multiplayer, does that mean I will never find one?

16. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

If it only takes you 13 seconds you may want to consider putting on a block-ring.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Devon_v Senior Engineer

Pretty sure you can just play MP by yourself. It seems to be based on the mode, not being on a dedicated server or anything. I've seen some claims that there have to be 10 people online to spawn the golden ones, but on his last livestream CaptainShack popped one in a 2 player game. So at least based on what I've seen you can host a private MP game with yourself and it counts.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.