Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

JUMP DRIVE safest method

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Lacart, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lacart Trainee Engineer

Hello all, been reading around about the JD issues, with connectors, with other ships attatched through landing gear, death in diferent states of inertia stabs etc,etc so... so here is my questions if anyone might have experienced or know.

I have a large ship that i want to jump to a gps point and it has attatched a small and another large ship to it by landing gear.
    What is the proper setup/way of making the jump without all ships drifting or things exploding or whatever, is there a safe (combination) way?

JD ship inertia damps on or off?
    JD ship moving at the moment of jump yes or no?
    Attatched ships inertia damps on or off?

or any other thing i might not know that need done to jump safely? ;o)

Thanks

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

Attach a rabbit's foot to the front of the ship, decorate it with a pentacle, or an LCD panel with your prayer of choice :) My experience (on mp servers) is that the issues occur almost randomly and there's no recipe that's guaranteed to avoid it...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

batten down all hatches and doors! close all sails! secure all booty and rum!

I have used jumpdrives before containing a landing gear docked ship.

just ensure ships aren't connected via connector as they aren't *really* secured.
    ensure rotors and pistons if any are safety override locked.
    ensure there isnt any loose component parts rattling around in your ship.
    but most importantly.......save....in fact...save as...encase the game wants to laugh at you and auto save after you jump drive
    if you're on a server......as roxette said....say a pray and hope for the best

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

I don't have any experience with multiplayer, but wouldn't it be best to use merge blocks to stick everything together? What about a large block rotor with a small block head with a small merge to stick your small ship to? I should really play some multiplayer...

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.