Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Just Bought Space Engineers Does not Work at all

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bobyochen, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Bobyochen Trainee Engineer

Hello I was wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem, when I launch the game nothing happens just a black screen and i can see the in game cursor. Also I tried to run it windowed and it did the same.

Thank you.

2. TechyBen Junior Engineer

I'm not sure, but the game might produce some error or event logs. The devs might be able to help on that.

In the mean time to get started, what is your hardware and OS? With this info, it's easier to rule out or zero in on what the cause may be.

Other than that, there is deleting the cache through steam (right click on the game, and "delete local content") and downloading the game a second time to make sure nothing was missing.

3. Bobyochen Trainee Engineer

Running windows 8.1

Cpu: FX-8350

Gpu: ASUS 560ti

Ram: 16gb of DDR3 @ 1333Mhz Patriot

I don't know if any of my other stuff would effect it, and i attached some files that i think might be useful.

Thank you.

4. Kane Junior Engineer

I talked to a few friends with similar hardware. But they definitely don't have the issues you are having. Might be time to do a clean install/format of your PC.

5. Bobyochen Trainee Engineer

I just installed did i fresh install last weekend, so I don't really want to do that again. I'll try fiddling with it first.

Thank you.

6. shadow250 Apprentice Engineer

im no expert or anything but the devs read my minerwars log and the last thing recorded is the issue. this log looks like the same format. and its possible that something with the sound might be causing it. try running it with the sound card disabled, it worked for me with minerwars its the same or similar vrage engine.

7. Bobyochen Trainee Engineer

I got it working, I had it installed on an external drive but I reinstalled it to one of my internals and now it works.
    Thank you everyone for you help.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.