Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Kind request for Keen to update the ME community on status of development

Discussion in 'General' started by ibisgrunk, May 2, 2019.

1. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

could someone at Keen address the ME community here about the status of the game, what is happening to the current developer team, and if we need to take some time away from this title please.

please don't waste us, those that love this game and everything it will be, on any lack of communication.

i think a PR release is needed across all boards, and soon.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

Last update I think was pretty beefy in terms of the time they took. If it helps them develop things for the game that are more in depth, this is a lot better than the weekly updates. But I too wish we at least had a roadmap of where the title is going. That's what I think we need, just a general outline of what we can expect or what they're working on right now, if not a roadmap. What will be in the next major update? I think that would help a lot. I wish there was more information about ME around. I wish I could read more about what's coming around the corner. Or some sort of feedback of where the title is headed.

Now that SE is more or less "done", I feel we don't get enough attention. I mean, the SE DLC gets more attention than our entire title over in this section. It can't hurt to try to raise some excitement over here from time to time about a planned feature or something that they absolutely "know" will be in the next update. Even if they don't reveal all, just giving people a sneak peek at something they have finished for the major update will give people something to be excited about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i don't want a roadmap. i am looking for a corporate comment on the status of the development. team members were laid off, and there is not a single Keen employee reading the support forum. i know because i put a bogus bug request that the female engineer is loading without clothing on and nobody, nobody at keen has looked/cared/commented to that test bug post (its an old trick in IT to send a couple red team internal tests to see what help desk response rates and abilities are, as noted in another post here not a single thing in the support forum has been actuated EVER).

so is ME done? there are folks out there paying $40+ in a month to host games and the admins are as frustrated now than any other time in the dev history. the game doesnt work in vanilla... let alone with mods added. multiplayer is being killed by all of this, nobody can build a darn cart anymore... not even a simple cart works...

so what say you Keen?

4. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

Oh, that sounds serious... Team members were laid off? Where did you find out? They might just not be active in the forum area. It's my understanding that they are working on the title as we speak... But I am really jaded myself about the attention SE gets. We paid for a product too. SE makes more money because their blocks are granular and people don't need to rely on mods to make something look like something they had in mind. The original compound block system I will always miss about the game. I don't feel like I can build enough original designs compared to SE because the blocks are not granular and you can't really touch them up. You can't paint them, do any finishing touches.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Cetric Junior Engineer

"Team members were laid off"
    Some changes have happened indeed, Cpt Twinkie doesn't show the 'assistant producer' or what his title was any more, last time I saw him present he was a 'moderator'.
    Not that staff is obliged to tell the community about anything internal going on, but it could be interpreted as something going on behind the scenery which caused personal decisions...
    --- Automerge ---
    --
    Understandably this and the ongoing silence is capable of causing worries.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

good fellow ME players this is a direct question to Keen, for which a reply into this thread is warranted by someone at the least assigned to this forum as a moderator. i will push Keen for excellence and not sit idly. the gaming community for ME is struggling just to play the game right now... i would want to if i worked for Keen to make sure the hard work done up to now continues...

we are adrift...

what say you Keen?
    --- Automerge ---
    here is an example - in the old days i got so excited for a HotFix that i posted a mouse humping a pc mouse and the moderator pulled that post, currently i don't know if any of this is being read, so i will post another post elsewhere with something that should be moderated out... like "Look we found Marek Rosas' personal banking information written into the ME code" something like dat... i would love nothing more than to delete this whole thread once someone from Keen does anything...

what say you Keen?

8. Thales M. Junior Engineer

There should be visible roadmap I think.

Medieval Engineers has a very good foundation. I played it ~1200 hours (half online, half creative single player). In my opinion performance and stability should come before graphics. Sim speed issues in most cases requires active admin intervention because every player builds castles, many structures in few days.

Maybe there should be a slider when creating a world that multiplies building material cost of blocks to make it longer to build megastructures in online worlds. For example stone cube requires 25 small stone and 1 stick. If the slider is set to x3, it would cost 75 small stones and 3 sticks.

9. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

barbarians, goulash and deer
    please don't lewd the Femgineer
    :D

On another note, they're not entirely silent. When you open up the game, there is still this info box in the corner on the latest update, and the last entry is from two or three weeks ago if I remember correctly.
    What does their Discord say? Any life sign on there?
    Maybe they're just sick of their forums.
    Or all on vacation.
    Or there was a terrible :clang:splosion in their office!

• Like Like x 1
  10. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

You do know Keen very rarely replies here in the forums any longer right?
    They expect you to use Discord or the support site.
    Just wasting your "breath" posting in here sadly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

So quoth the Twitter.
    Maybe something terrible happened during that update, and now they're all trapped in a different layer of existence or an alternate dimension, like the Dwemer in the Elder Scrolls games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i am starting to feel like all police and authority have left our little town and now we have the streets all to ourselves! while i test here and there, i am one contentious post away from really proving there are no moderators active anywhere on ME support or forums! last year that mouse pic i put up in the patch update thread got pulled within 15 minutes... now its been days?

i love ME, but am really surprised by this vibe of being abandoned... that restaurant metaphor i have been using for years now has been changed: i usually say i am not complaining about the food because the kitchen is still working on the menu... well now i go to the same restaurant for five years, but this time i see no host, seat myself, have to get my own water and menu, waiting now alone at the table with only you the other customers around me asking "is this place open?" and "should we leave?" and "why isn't anyone here?" finally "why are there no sounds coming from the kitchen?".

13. Cetric Junior Engineer

It's a trap! Once you dare come into the kitchen, you will see it occupied by a group of barbarians who had raided the frigidaire and will knock you over the head once you open that door. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Now there are four possible outcomes to your scenario:
    1. They surprise us with a huge buffet of the finest three star dishes you could ever imagine;
    2. They serve us a meal that was not quite what we expected (or ordered) and probably by far not worth the wait, but still reasonably tasty;
    3. They hand us an at best tasteless grey goop spiced with cockroaches and bugs that will probably result in explosive diarrhea and food poisoning;
    4. They actually hastily abandoned the restaurant for good quite a while ago because they got in trouble with the health inspector because they have been controlled by rats under their hats the whole time.
    And I really, really hope it is at least outcome No. 2.

15. Cetric Junior Engineer

Have another idea.
    Now with release of Space Engineers same gets huge attention and sales are skyrocketing (deserved), also because of the unexpected patch and DLC following. I noticed a wave of activities from community on Facebook in respective SE-related groups.
    I can imagine "the boss" (let's say his abbreviation reads M.R.) decided Medieval Engineers' time is yet to come and for now they should keep their feet still so SE fully profits from the ongoing hype.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Not sure if the hype of SE has skyrocketed.
    The forums seem to be limited to the same small group of people (myself included) that have been around for a long time.
    I have only seen maybe less than 10 "new" players, or those that claim to be new on the SE side of things looking for help etc.

Maybe they are all on Discord...lol.
    I myself try to avoid Discord, so maybe that is why I haven't seen a huge influx.
    I spend a good part of my working day with a headset on so I try to avoid it when I get home. :)

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Just logged in to the Discord the first time (quite messy I must say), CptTwinkie stated last Saturday evening:
    i don't even work at keen anymore.

So that's that. Still, cool of him to help us players anyway.

Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 23:07
  18. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

Hey guys,

I have posted a little status update on myself, and answered some of the more pressing questions here:
    https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/so-long-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish.7403155/

I hope it helps a little. I tried my best to cover what I could, without breaking NDA.
    If anyone wants to have a chat, you can always write to me on Discord, if I'm not too busy doing things I generally reply pretty fast.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  19. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Sad to see you are moving on, best in all you do Deepflame.

20. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

This hit me right in the feels...
    I wish you the best of luck Deepflame! May you lead other games to a Golden Age, like you did with Medieval Engineers!

21. Cetric Junior Engineer

Yeah, with all those update videos we had, week for week, Tim has become like the "official face of Medieval Engineers". Was always fun.
    Sad, this mysterious ending of something which became part of life of many of us followers.

• Agree Agree x 4