Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Laser Antenna fun

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Lithorn, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lithorn Trainee Engineer

Dear Keen.

All I want for Christmas is the ability to assign functions through a remote connections once its established.

Here is my current situation.

I have two laser antennas, one mounted to a station, the other mounted to a mining ship. The connection breaks when they are apart, and reconnects when the ship returns.

On the station is a large blast door mounted to a rotor, which has a button panel nearby to reverse it.

As you know, a remote connection allows you to control pretty much anything you are connected to, and with a remote controller installed you can even fly. With this connection I can manually trigger my door but this means having to search through a list of installed devices on the stations.

My plan is this, I want to be able assign groups/blocks from the remote connections for the cockpit I am in, for example, The rotor being assigned to the hotbar in my miner as a toggle that belongs to the station. Now, the icon for these should persist but I think a neat "Crossout" for when there is no connection to the remote for the grouping remembered would be nice.

PS - Sensors rule and for the time being I'm just using one to detect a ship to trigger the door. The issue is if not set properly, it will trigger the door to close on the moving ship (Ack) but this is not an issue, more of I didn't configure it properly.

Thankyou, with much love Lithorn

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.