Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Le Grand Nuage de Magellan Server - Only PvP and Public now !

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Breanox, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Breanox

[​IMG]
    Founded by Elsephire January 5, 2015, Le Grand Nuage de Magellan is French/English server with 1.0 sim speed. The server has a 20 player cap.
    Immense amount of work has been done to alter the code of SE for greater optimization.
    We also have several mods to increase sim speed, including an MK mod system which allows assemblers and refineries to have up to x512 production capability.

Join Le Grand Nuage de Magellan today and experience SE as it was meant to be played.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Server Live
    [​IMG]

Server Test
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Breanox

Hi Space Engineers !

Update server : Magellan V3.99.22 and Magellan V3.99.23

V3.99.23 : Passage of the system of exit of the structures to 7 days :
    - Abolition of the command /ch useless since the addition of the history of the chat by devs.
    - Correction of the assemblers of specialization invisible in the menu G.
    - Modification of the system of input-output of the structures to allow you to see the structures of the players asset on 7 last days.
    - Change of server messages of restart server, to red in the middle of your screen.
    - Correction of structure unrenamed, being able to generate automatic GPS points.
    - Addition of a command /restart for the administrators, and improvement of the commands processing.

V3.99.22 : Reorganization of blocks MK in the menu G :
    - Arrangement of everything MK by type of block.
    - Adding 19 blocks of decoration ((DX11) Simplified Furniture).
    - Adding antenna MK.

Screenshot of MK blocks in Menu G :

[​IMG]

Old Update : http://www.grandnuagedemagellan.fr/index.php?threads/update-server-magellan-v3-99-19.553/

Have fun and see you soon on the server !

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Nemesismax

I like playing on this server.

Most of the information texts are in French but they've told me that they'll switch them to English soon. Seems like the server will support multi-language.
    Their optimizations are allowing them to increase the population and their server simulation speed never drops below 1.0 (at least, I haven't seen that yet).

In my honest opinion, this server has a bright future and should definitely be checked out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Carlosmaid

@Petr.Minarik If keen are looking for programmers may be you should keep an eye on this people. Awesome work creating the entire server system. Isn´t another simple server, is the best of the world by far because the code is years light over vainilla DS or SESE.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. benmiaou

@Carlosmaid I'm part of the dev team of this server, I just finished my master degree in 3D & virtual reality and I apply for a job at KSH but they find someone with more experience...

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Carlosmaid

Im sorry :((

7. Ed Frost

:| this looks... really professional... im impressed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nemesismax

I think the developers on this server should also be in the current multiplayer race. They have my recommendation. Bet their optimization will overthrow all other 3 multiplayer server configuration.

9. DoubleCouponDay

I applied :] this should be interesting.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Xanaeh

Hi ,

I'm here for share my experience of this server with you . Actually i have more than 1000 hours on magellan server so i think this post will be usefull for a lot of SE players .

They are so many system on this server , for a new player may be it's to more but for a real player of SE , this server is so AMAZING . The main difference with others servers is the stability , 99% of the time the simspeed server = 1. They are some limitations blocks for the stability and for the gameplay , but you can have a lot of hours of fun with this limitations because on this server you can found one of the most amazing mod ----> mod MK . What is that mod ? It's very simple to understand : for example when you build a large reactor you have a power , multiply this power by 512 and you have the power of ONE block large reactor MK10 . It's the same for a lot of blocks , i let you imagine the number of possibilies of ship you can build : if you want extract 1 000 000 000 kg of minerai for sell that on the trading home you can ! If you prefer build a war ship you dont need to put 1000 thruster for be usefull , you can put 2 thruster MK and you can reach the maxspeed in 2 sec. They are soooo many things to do on this server , i dont understand people who play on server with 0.3/0.4 simspeed every day ... for just build one ship with a lot of blocks with no power and limited volume ..

I dont know why all people say " Space engineers multi is bad " , if i played 1000+ hours on one server it's because the multi on space actualy possible ! I'm a big ore farmer and a trader on video games , on this server i can reach my goal .

If you want a great multi experience on space engineers i can just advise you to try this server and adopt him :) , you will change your opinion on the multi and you will enjoy your new space adventure. The actual community and admin team are so frienldy , dont be scared and come join us for a lot of fun ;) .

• Like Like x 1
  11. DoubleCouponDay

400 ping though i want to believe :[ worth a try.

12. Breanox

Hi @haveachillday
    The server is hosted in France.

Where are you from for have 400ms on the server ?

13. DoubleCouponDay

Cross the great blue in australia. What i would give for an oceanic persistent world, safe zones, trading hub....

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Breanox

Hi Space Engineers !
    Recently, we updated our system of leveling.

I - Progression system.

The MK system is a tiered leveling system of blocks which allows you to get more and more powerful and strong blocks each time when you level them up.
    Every MK update for each block is heavier and more expensive in resource and in energy than its previous tiered MK block.
    When you start on the server all MK blocks are locked, to unlock MK blocks you need use the research system present in your Medical Room.

[​IMG]

To start a MK block research, select the one you want in Available Researches and click on Set to Research.
    To decrease the search time of a block, click on Speed up.
    1 Hour less = 1000 Magellan Points

Once the search is completed a green message appears in the middle of your screen.
    Then go to Menu G to see the blocks you have already unlocked.

[​IMG]

To build some MK blocks, you should first craft MK Components which are listed below.

[​IMG]
    II - Specializations.

Beyond the MK4 you will have to pick a specialization to continue upgrading your system.

Specialization blocks list:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  15. tyriael_soban

400ms is pretty good for going from oz, when i tried to play wow on the eu servers from Canada (used to live in Ireland) my best was just north of 500m/s as you can imagine, this was very bad for raiding with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DoubleCouponDay

@tyriael_soban No idea how that works. ireland is smack in the middle of the west so ping should not be so huge!

17. tyriael_soban

Ireland has notoriously terrible net for a developed country, on a good day from there a connection with the wow servers was always over 100ms, but that wasnt exactly my point, what i mean is i originally played from Ireland and quickly realized that continuing to play EU servers from Canada was kinda moot point, so you going from OZ to france with 400ms is actually pretty damn good.

18. Crusader

I love it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jack Honert

Best Server Ever

• Like Like x 1
  20. DizzyBadManDan

After playing on this server for a short while, I discovered the magnitude that the staff has gone in order to create an immersive experience. I very much recommend this server.

• Like Like x 1
  21. hieve

looks like this server has packed really the problems of the current Multiplayer and tried to solve it with success.
    you know instantly when you join that they are doing this for longer and know what they are doing

22. Breanox

Hi Space Engineers !

Update server : Magellan V4.1.0 and Magellan V4.1.1

V4.1.0 :
    - Real-time refining and assembly is back (coupled to our system).
    - Skybox updated.

V4.1.1 :
    - Updated the distances of each sector from 3.000.000 km to 10.000 km to fix various problems which comes from the core game.
    - Updated TimerBlock : Minimal Delay has been set to 60secondes, interface update to tell you it's a server rule, (see screenshot).
    - Server code improvements (various bugfixes).
    - Re-implementation of MK5-7 drills.
    - Removal of Auto-laser drill.
    - The Magellan Shield system is temporarily disabled.

Old Update : http://www.grandnuagedemagellan.fr/index.php?threads/update-server-magellan-v3-99-19.553/

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  23. Breanox

24. Breanox

Hi, Space Engineers !

3 months ago, we've been forced to shut down the server due to lack of donations which lead to unable to pay the server hosting and Elsephire being unavailable at that time period.
    But starting from last week, that break has ended and we've started to put ourselves back to work to provide you with a new multiplayer environment!

Here are the latest changes and new implementations:

Update server : Magellan V5.0.14

- Le Grand Nuage de Magellan server is NOW PUBLIC!
    - Le Grand Nuage de Magellan is NOW PVP ONLY!

- The old Central Safe Zone has been deleted.
    - Old modded planets are deleted which made the modpack less heavy (10 Mb space gain).
    - Reworked the map and reshaped the planets and moons. The old map had 19 modded planets and moons in total. Now we have 12 vanilla planets and moons for performance improvements. These planets and moons have smaller sizes as well compared to the old map:
    Moons: 19km
    Planets: 60km

- Increase of factories from 3 to 6 (on every sector).
    - Vanilla spawnship system got restored and added Magellan Respawn Ship with 2 hours cooldown.
    - Removed all old 3 PvE factions. (We are fully PvP now so we don't need them).
    - Auction houses are disabled. We'll do a complete rework on them before releasing them again.
    - The radar system is disabled. It'll also require a full rework on them before releasing it in the future.
    - Idle movements on the turrets are disabled. The button for idle movements got removed as well. The decision was made to improve the server optimization.

- The GPS system got improved. Certain GPS coordinates will get activated on your HUD once you're in the corresponding sector now.
    - General server code improvements. We have a test server up and running at the moment.

Anyone is welcome to join on the test server to check out our improvements.

Note that there might be some cases where some reboots and crashes might occur during the testing period.

We'd also like it very much if these testers can report bugs or problems by using the KSH forums or our discord. You can join the server by connecting to this IP: 212.83.166.9:27016

Have fun and see you very soon on out server!

Special thanks for @Nemesismax for the translation :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Renon

Bonjour, bonne nouvelle.

• Like Like x 1