Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Let Keen Know They Are Supported

Discussion in 'General' started by 666Savior, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

Hello everyone

I'm just making this a quick thread so that Keen can see that some people think they are doing well.

Recently I have noticed a large volume of hate directed towards Keen. Mainly it's because people don't understand certain things or are frustrated with certain things the latest patch has brought. And many people who are satisfied with the current development and such rarely speak up.

Yes, i know the game isn't perfect. But this is pre-release, I don't expect it to be perfect.

I would hate to be a developer who worked so hard on a piece of coding for the game, only to be slammed with hate for it not working perfectly on the first iteration. And with developers working extremely hard on a large bug and getting slammed by the community for not having the fix done in a week.

I don't develop games myself but I understand the amount of time and work it takes to get stuff to work. This thread is a place where people who understand can gather and let Keen know that they are supported.

So to all the developers and such at KSH, good job at getting this far and achieving so much. This game has far outlived my expectations. You have done an awesome job and keep up the good work. ;) :)

And I would ask that all who post please be respectful towards others and Keen. Just because you might be frustrated or angry does not give you the right to disrespect people.

Lets get some support in here.

That is all.

(Also, if there is another thread like this, i apologize. 10 minutes of searching yielded nothing)

• Like Like x 19
    • Friendly Friendly x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

Hey YEAH! So much flak has been thrown at Keen and they still keep going! Bit by bit they're crafting a game for the ages!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Harrekin Master Engineer

I'm gonna jump on board and say good work guys aswell.

I might not like everything added, removed, left out (so far) etc. but it's getting there slowly :)

Keep at it and ignore the loud n00bs.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. mze9412 Junior Engineer

Yeah, I really love the game. I do not agree with all design decisions but overall it is my second most played game (or maybe third after STO and Minecraft) :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee Junior Engineer

I like the game, I still want more stuff to go into it, but they will eventually come to it. No rush, guys.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Masterm777 Trainee Engineer

lol so why do we play se right now ,CAUS of modders ,end of story ,i take that bet they will fail caus they focus to much on mpcrying stuff.And yes hell yes plz do rush,thers a thing called back mirror:woot:.and ther wont be a nr 3 game frome keen on my puter ,DEF not ,end of story.

• Disagree Disagree x 13
  7. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee Junior Engineer

Now that was hard to read.

So, why do you think they focus on MP? It's a core aspect, that's not working correctly at the moment. I play completely vanilla, and single player offline, but I understand that for most people a working multiplayer is a very needed thing.
    Now quit crying over a game being in development (in a direction you don't like), even though it said *in development* on the box.

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

You've stepped into the wrong thread. Take that crap back to your thread.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Scya Apprentice Engineer

Nice and refreshing find such a thread among all the rants and hatred :woot:
    OP is right, Keen deserves our support and some possitive feedback.
    I really like this game (we all do) and even if there may be something i don't like in the game, well, who knows if it will be still there next Thursday? SE is still in development and we all are part of the development. Keen is sharing their unfinished game with us and is asking for our help (bug reports, suggestions, our opinions) with it. I don't know how the others but I'm really thankfull for this opportunity.

It will take it's time to finish such a game, so be patient.

Thanks for SE Keen :tu:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. SenorZorros Master Engineer

yay another of these threads thinking keen needs defending...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
  11. Speshal_Snowman Apprentice Engineer

There is a lot behind the scenes that we haven't seen yet, that they have mentioned in past streams, some people think Keen isn't working their hardest, I disagree! Updating all the sounds, all the models and textures, all the particles, new animations, bug fixing/optimization, small stuff like new glass code they mentioned, and then all the stuff in the roadmap! :tu:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. jetstream01 Apprentice Engineer

I absolutely agree. Keen, you're doing a GREAT job! I have spent over 500 hours in this game, and it quickly went from me discovering it on YouTube to my favorite game ever (alongside Homeworld). I think a lot of people that complain haven't been here since the beginning. The game has come SO far in the short time it has been in Early Access. I can only imagine where it will be in another year.

Side note, since they've improved collisions and voxel destruction, I've been having fun crashing large ships into each other in the upper atmosphere and watching them crash to the surface.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

I've enjoyed this game a great deal. I think the devs are doing a good job though I don't always agree with what they've done. Right now, I kinda of moved onto other games as I wait for the devs to start making new features again. I think it is easy to get frustrated when the only things that are new are bug fixes. I'll pop in every so often to see if anything is new (like what I'm doing right now) but otherwise not get too invested and frustrated in the process.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. chrisb Senior Engineer

KEEN !!! Sit down and listen... You are supported.. :munch:

O.k. go about your usual business.

Message ends.......

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

1800+ hrs and counting. That is my support to you guys :tu: . To balance that not all those hours have been fun or bliss but i'd be bored if it wasn't a challenge to figure out whats wrong some of the time. Keep it up guys :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

300+ hrs and it is a good game in progress.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

1000+hrs here, much of it stubbornly giving bugs the middle finger and forging ahead.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SCP 106 [SPS] Trainee Engineer

I've had 956 hours of non-nodded fun. (aside from skyboxes and my own Environment.sbc modifications) If you are creative you can do a lot with vanilla.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Masterm777 Trainee Engineer

• Inappropriate Behavior
    SURE :tu:close to 800 :) thank you modders i love u now give us what we want KEEN 1.DARKNESS you messed it up by flipping a patch :p flip it back amateurs:tu:

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  20. mze9412 Junior Engineer

I avoid mods like they are death incarnate. Especially with the dev/stable branches coming soon I expect mods to randomly break all the fucking time :\

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Devon_v Senior Engineer

I've only got about 200 hours logged, but conisdering I paid less than $20 for the game it has more than surpassed my personal entertainment dollar ratio. I've also always treated it as a work in progress.

I do think that I've had the advantage of understanding how the game works, and understanding what a monumental undertaking some of the features were, which definitely flavors my perception of it.

The key is to see the patches as development snapshots, not update releases. Because that's what they are. That's also why I support the "stable" branch, because some people really just want to run dedicated servers, and two patches a week makes it difficult to do that. Also some people don't read. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Mobiyus Apprentice Engineer

Just recently clocked in 1000h in a year. SE is my most played game on Steam. In fact, at first I installed Steam only to get that game and I am highly satisfied with my buy to this day. I am glad to report that about 99.9% of my time passed in-game was happy time. We all know it's not perfect, but it's definitely good!

Thanks Keen. I sincerely appreciate your work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SDragon42 Apprentice Engineer

2,733 hours so far. :stare:

I might be enjoying SE a bit.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Corundum Guy Apprentice Engineer

Played 1778 hours so far, mostly vanilla except for skyboxes and a few select blocks. I don't think I have ever played any other single game that long. Maybe X-Wing, Eilte II and MS Flight Simulator combined come close (back when those were new, cough). I've had my moneys worth several times over, and now remain patiently curious how far Keen (and then modders) can take SE.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Echillion Senior Engineer

2,196 hrs So far! If it weren't for this game I'd have gone nuts long ago! :tu:

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Spets Master Engineer

I think they know. Is just this trolls, complainers and haters are more noisy for the attention sake
    almost 3 years here, 2000+ hours. But I don't play MP, so, I kinda understand their frustration :/

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Fenris Apprentice Engineer

Oh I definitely support Keen. SE is in my top 5 all time favorite game list, all time being nearly 40 years of playing on computers. I love this game and see myself playing it for years to come, but like everything else in life, sometimes I've just got to step a way and take a breather. Like I did for the last 6 months after asteroids where so screwed up in survival for multiple patches :D But even on that 6 month break there was no question in my mind that I was coming back, I knew I'd be back. Love Keen :tu:

If your annoyed, it's your own fault. The thread title is pretty clear on what the subject matter is about, you could have easily skipped over it just like I skip over the threads I have no interest in. There is nothing that says you have to read every thread in these forums.

28. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings
    :carlton: Yay Keen! :pbjt: 1505 hrs of fun and still going! :tu:

• Like Like x 1
  29. Howitz Junior Engineer

Can't pkay anymore on my popatoputer because of dx11, but yeah, great job keen

30. buggsy Trainee Engineer

So how's the AI going? Still trying to quantify and control? Don't.

Let go, let chaos take over.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.