Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Linear Gravity Accelerator Cannon

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by freshmango55, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. freshmango55 Apprentice Engineer

Hey guys, just posting my 'Linear Gravity Accelerator Cannon here so people can take a look, It currently fires projectiles at 104 m/s and is accurate up to 5 kilometers, in the video below I take you through a demo of firing the cannon at a color coded armor wall, the cannon's projectile gets 6 layers of penetration into the armor.

The following is a the video described above and a frontal photo of the cannon.

[​IMG]

2. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

As I've mentioned this before in a different thread (similar idea), it's not the distance that messes up your accuracy.
    The target you were shooting at in the video is in 0g environment. Your station most likely has some gravity generators, which deflect the projectile down.
    Although lack of a good aiming mechanism also contributes quite a bit to the miss.

3. Bad_Idea Apprentice Engineer

Sounds a little bit like my rail rifle, i manage around 15 blocks of armor penetration with it though! However, i do not use the same design, and reloading is fiddly :p

Feel free to take a look and good job!
    http://forums.keenswh.com/post/the-rail-rifle-a-new-exciting-railgun-technology-6662763

4. freshmango55 Apprentice Engineer

Though you are probably right, it is the cannon on part of the accuracy, the projectile veers off long before it gets to the stat

I had an idea of making a clip of missiles but that didn't turn out to well.

5. Zeke3000 Trainee Engineer

I have explored similar designs and as Ralirashi has pointed out, it is a fragile system that must have 0% interference by outside grav-feilds.

Here's a video I did on it.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread.
    And good design, looks a hell of a lot better than mine does.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.