Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Lost ore textures

Discussion in 'General' started by Hale, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Hale Trainee Engineer

Has anyone else lost the textures from ores since the major update?

[​IMG]

2. ShadedMJ Apprentice Engineer

Can confirm.

Only happens some of the time for me. More annoying when you are mining uranium as they look similar.

3. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

I saw this this evening for the first time. It happened to rocks that had been mined before I logged off in my mine. Newly created rocks were fine, but even picking up the "black" rocks and dropping them again dropped the same black rock. This is in single player.

4. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Out of curiosity: You're playing on unmodded worlds?

5. ShadedMJ Apprentice Engineer

Unmodded world for me. No other mods either. Vanilla.

Edit: Only some and not all stone. Quit & Restart has restored textures. I have also had a recent case where on my large grid station, 4 solar panels and one large cargo container had no textures but were still present.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  6. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

?
    could it perhaps be graphical issue?
    like....texture is too high and the computer is unable to render it so it picks the easier option....

7. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Mine is modded, im using Better Stone but it looks like others are vanilla. Before I go making bug reports I am going to be trying to replicate it in vanilla.

8. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

any chance that mod was created before the fancy block update?

if so ....it might be...pink. bright pink.
    many many planets were lost due to the texture path change.
    its a real shame...but if its pink its texture path will need to be updated.
    i really need to learn how to do that

9. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Theres the thing, it is not the "texture error pink" it is matt black or does the pink only apply to objects and black applies to voxels/rocks? Better Stone V6.86c was last updated 23 Jun.

10. Hale Trainee Engineer

I'm playing purely vanilla.

Why would this happen?
    The left stone was mined by hand just now, and the right one was pulled out of storage. Additionally, i distinctly remember mining uranium earlier and the pebbles flying off were pure white, though i couldn't reproduce it now.[​IMG]

11. ShadedMJ Apprentice Engineer

Again, confirming the same thing. I previously thought all of Hale's stone was non-textured and mine was a mix of textured/non-textured.

12. Hale Trainee Engineer

Actually, so did i.
    --- Automerge ---
    Apparently, loading the game caused the texture on the other stone to disappear as well.
    [​IMG]

13. Reneta Scian Apprentice Engineer

Same thing is happening to Meteor Impact craters on Dedicated Servers. The burn marks are default dev textures.

14. ShadedMJ Apprentice Engineer

Just to keep the topic going : Specs
    i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHZ (8 core)
    64 bit OS Win7 Pro
    32 GB memory
    NVidia GeForce GTX 650 (Dual display with Space Engineers windowed on one monitor)
    Hardware is more than adequate for Space Engineers

I've seen the stone textures off mainly on my Earth Easy Start near easy station with hand drilling (elite drill)

15. Ironviper42 Trainee Engineer

I have had the same issue recently intermittently. But to be honest I have not been mining so much lately. So it could be everytime I load the game it could have done the texture problem.. I do have two mods: VCZ Smooth Elevator and a Airlock block door mod.

16. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

What I've noticed is that this occurs when you have multiple objects of the same ore, for example when mining on an earth like planet for the first couple meters you have that Sandy silt/dirt type "stone" when ejecting it it comes out as such, when you get down to the deeper Gray stone it will stop putting out the brown and put out the Gray.

I wonder if it has something to so with the multiple instances?

17. ShadedMJ Apprentice Engineer

Mine was at 100m deep......

18. Devon_v Senior Engineer

This is probably VRAGE-related. As far as the GPU goes, once the texture is loaded the texture is loaded. The number of instances referencing that texture should be completely irrelevant. Especially with the "this stone is textured, this one is not" thing, the only way that could happen is if the second rock is simply not referencing the texture at all, because the texture is clearly in memory.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.