Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

memory overflow in 1.186

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by invisiblealex, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. invisiblealex Trainee Engineer

It is no matter what kind of scenario I use. The game continue about 4-10 min and crashes with message "not enought memory" (run out of memory). By the way I have 16 Gb.
    Sometimes I have the issue related with ground (voxel) on the planet and moon. It is couldn't be loaded. I hope you will fix that, cause you have achieved new level of improvements in this game:)
    I saw that the game used from 5 to 6Gb and also system has 5,5 Gb free mamory...so...

P.S. Now the game looks awesome like AAA project! I hope Physics and Multiplay will be fixed in next major update:)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. xinos1 Trainee Engineer

I've got the same issue, randomly after about 5-10 minutes of gameplay I get first the error window stating that my graphic card is overheating (which is not the case, I've been monitoring temperatures), immediately after that I get a window stating that memory is depleted and suggesting to upgrade to a 64bit system (which is what I'm running the game with).
    I have i7 pc with 8gb of ram, never had a problem like this since 1 year.

3. invisiblealex Trainee Engineer

yesterday's micro patch didn't fix thi issue:(
    Another addition to that bug is invisible textures of ground, moons, planets ect on different servers in multiplayer

4. Byzod Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

Confirmed, the RAM increase rapidly when you move across the land fast

The screenshot above is the RAM usage when I fly through the Earth surface without doing anything (100m/s)
    The first peak is tested with my regular mods on, the second is a test for a completely vanilla game without any mod
    The game crashed for insufficient RAM in 2 minutes

5. Dr. Novikov Apprentice Engineer

Deleting old shader cache folders in appdata seems to slow down the memory leak and make the game run smoother.

6. Myrkur Trainee Engineer

I made a post on the memory leaks a few days ago hopefully they are working on it

7. invisiblealex Trainee Engineer

I investigated it!!!! IF you change option VOXEL to max (ultra) you will get a crash (run out memory) in multiplayer. I have 16 Gb. If we decrease oprion everything will be ok:)
    --- Automerge ---
    I did that... still no resault:)

8. Myrkur Trainee Engineer

its just bad i have 32gigs and im at 18

9. invisiblealex Trainee Engineer

Guys... we need to close topic. I looked again patch note!
    • Added extreme quality for voxels and models (not intended for real-time gameplay)
    SO! Making conclusion, I see tha that option was implemented for screenshots or something like that.

10. Byzod Trainee Engineer

I'm using High, not Extreme, still crashed for memory leak, the bug do exist

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.