Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Minor Update 1.192.1 is Live!

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Blitzzz333, Sep 19, 2019.

1. KissSh0t Master Engineer

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@KissSh0t

• Like Like x 1
  3. KissSh0t Master Engineer

It always goes over my head that the original post can be edited....

:woot:

4. mleise Trainee Engineer

Oh... that is why. I thought it was some kind of "out of entities" or PCU thing. Very many thanks, that'll spice up the contract variety quite a bit.

5. KissSh0t Master Engineer

One thing that is starting to really annoy me is sometimes the game is freezing every few seconds for a tiny split second, exiting the game and starting it again makes it stop, but then it will randomly start again.

It's like the freezes are exactly timed like a clock ticking, I am going to guess every 4 seconds [freeze] continue [freeze] and so on, until closing the game and starting again.

This is not network related, this is singleplayer.

6. Nashaan Trainee Engineer

I had the same thing, lowering my graphics settings fixed it.

7. KissSh0t Master Engineer

It's only started recently, from what I am seeing of system utilization it is not related to graphics settings.

8. Harbinger Ace Trainee Engineer

I've noticed that RAM will max out quickly in singleplayer survival. Keep an eye on your Task Manager, and SE's RAM usage.
    Although less common, multiple mod scripts can activate at once, which will clog the game for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I do not use mods, although I do play singleplayer.

10. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I generally avoid mods, or at least I use them sparingly most of the time, and with very few exceptions I only play single-player mode.

11. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Missing out on life when you do not use mods!! Lol!

There are some really good ones out there!

12. Roxette Senior Engineer

Be careful, that statement could be construed as proselytizing, which is probably against the rules here ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I've used a speed mod in the past, but ultimately I enjoy playing the Vanilla Game.

With that said, one of the coolest things Keen has done was when they implemented the Fighter Cockpit Mod.

14. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Most mods made today are server-friendly and are more likely to be maintained.

Scripts are not mods even though you look for them where you look for mods. I'm finding that well-written scripts can be a godsend. I use a lot for navigation purposes since my ships are so large. Thing about scripts is that you can use them on a vanilla server if the admin has in-game scripts turned on. Keen saw a problem there and wanted to banish PBs to "experimental mode", but that would have been bad for players that didn't trust someone else's work but wanted to try their own luck.

Stick with scripts that are well-documented and recently made or maintained and you should be ok. Look for scripts that only run when needed or at least do what they do quickly.

15. Malware Master Engineer

I'm probably misunderstanding you here... PBs are experimental... i.e. they did banish them to experimental mode...

16. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

You know what, I was thinking about pressurization at the time. You know how that went ;).

So, yeah, the thing about scripts is you can use them to do some neat stuff and still call your session "vanilla". That's pretty much what I was getting at.