Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Mod API Whitelist Discussion and Requests

Discussion in 'Modding' started by CptTwinkie, May 31, 2017.

1. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Developer

We've whitelisted many things that we think are needed or are nice to have for modding. Since we don't make mods ourselves we really need your feedback and reasons for any changes to this whitelist.

The ModAPI can be accessed by downloading the Medieval Engineers - Mod SDK from Steam tools. The entire API is now in one dll, for your modding convenience...
    \steamapps\common\MedievalEngineersModSDK\OriginalContent\ModTools\MedievalEngineersModApi.dll

We are generating a schema when we build the api which is found in Definitions.xsd

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  2. Sir_Moodz

Request: MyRangedWeaponBehaviorDefinition
    --- Automerge ---
    Request: MyCharacterHandItemsComponent

3. Deepflame ME Director Developer

Why do you need MyCharacterHandItemsComponent whitelisted? It is probably fine, but we need to understand why. :)

4. Sir_Moodz

I don't know if it is correct but I am trying to change a tool's definition variables on the dedicated server by using a RaiseStaticEvent.
    Then I need to use myEntity.Components.TryGet<MyCharacterHandItemsComponent> to get the tool from from the player and change the definition.

5. ripchord

Hi guys. One of my mods needs to remove a section of voxels from the world, and using the whitelisted CutOutShape method (VRage.Game.ModAPI.IMyVoxelMaps.CutOutShape(VRage.ModAPI.IMyVoxelBase,VRage.Game.ModAPI.IMyVoxelShape) is proving an issue as all the classes accessed via the

IMyVoxelShape interface are showing as prohibited. Or at least it seems that way to my novice-level skills :) What I think I need to do is create a MyShapeSphere in order to move it into position and size it appropriately, then use it as the template to cut the shape out of the IMyVoxelBase planet, but the fact MyShapeSphere isn't whitelisted makes creating the template... problematic.

I am quite likely doing it wrong, though, so if there is an existing whitelisted class that I can create an instance of & use in the CutOutShape function, please let me know!

Thanks very much in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yurand

Hello, is it possible to whitelist the stuff to make custom GUI menus? I'd really appreciate to have a proprer UI for the upcoming mods I have in mind.

Thanks in advance.

7. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Developer

I asked and I got a very firm answer that we will not whitelist GUI elements. ¯\(ツ)/¯

8. Deepflame ME Director Developer

Ok, we've done analysis and it seems okay to whitelist. No promise when we have it whitelisted, but I'm hopeful for next week. :)

9. ripchord

Thanks so much :) Will be great to be able to put the final polish on the gunpowder mod.