Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Monocrystalline Solar-paneling

Discussion in 'Released and WIP Mods' started by Insanto, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Insanto Trainee Engineer

Hey there,
    I'm currently in the process of making some solar panels i can use to coat any structure I wish, have to admit there were a few hickups with the mwmBuilder but i got most of it figured out now.
    Right now I'm working on the models and textures and am transitioning from my earlier placeholders. I am keeping the final models verry lowPoly tho as they are intended to cover large surfaces.

[​IMG]
    I could use your help with naming the pieces tho. And letting me know if i forgot any shape.

2. Wombats Junior Engineer

Just a heads up this has already been made. Totally fine if you want to make your own version but thought I'd save you the trouble.

3. Ulfsark Master Engineer

Yeah but the current version doesn't have angled pieces.
    I'd go with Surface Flat Panel, Surface Flat Corner Panel, Surface Flat Corner Inv, Surface Angle Panel, Surface Angle Corner, Surface Angle Inv

4. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

looking good!

5. Insanto Trainee Engineer

@wombats i know, i'm currently using it .. a lot. But i found it lacking in terms of texturing, model detail (the little rail/girder thingies) and shapes included.
    @ulfsark never thought about compound names for displayNames :p
    @automcd thx

6. Wombats Junior Engineer

How do the angled pieces work if you don't mind me asking? Wouldn't that place 2 blocks in the same grid position?

7. Ulfsark Master Engineer

If you make then work front and back, you could remove the need for the inverted pieces....
    And Wombats, I think those pieces would go in PLACE of the armor, rather than on top of it.....

8. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

good point. the stock panels are double sided.. that's actually a great idea. less UI clutter, less parts. easier to deal with.

9. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

Awesome idea, will those panels have the same style as the original solar panels?

10. Ulfsark Master Engineer

I was looking forward to this mod, anything came of it?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.