Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

more lower graphical option

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by endecis15, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. endecis15 Trainee Engineer

i know that for some, it would sound wierd but, i have that suggestion of adding more option to lower the graphic and the rest for the reason that i just want to play space engineers smoothly yet, i couldn't because i couldn't lower the spec lower, i do have a good pc but it would be awesome to have the option to have a smoother experience without having lags and issues coming from the graphic option, i do know that it will be a hard task but it would be even more Worth it since, more people would be happy to play this game and knowing that they wouldn't have to worry about the graphics been too high for them,

if you have read this, thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion

2. Killacyte Senior Engineer

If lowering the minimum graphics is feasible, and helps performance, then I think it's a good idea.

3. endecis15 Trainee Engineer

yeah, if it can be done, but we gotta wait for it

4. endecis15 Trainee Engineer

it does work in favor because, first most of the block and materials are simple geometrycal form and the ship's themself are like square or other form

5. Keaton Trainee Engineer

yeah, this game takes a lot of processor power, not graphics power, and there aren't many ways around that :(

6. MegaMiner Junior Engineer

Do the graphics on the CPU and offload the physics to the GPU

7. Wombats Junior Engineer

The game is very intensive on both CPU and GPU; not sure where the idea that it is only hard on the CPU is coming from. The bottom line is that you need to at least meet the minimum requirements outlined on the website. Lower and more graphics options will come but they aren't going to do a whole lot. Try playing big budget full release games and you'll see what I mean. No old computer is going to run Crysis 3 even on low settings.

8. Martinineter Senior Engineer

That wouldn't work, making a cpu do all the graphics is very bad, it is not good at doing that much parallel work with it's 4 cores.
    However, if you meant that the igpu should do the graphics, it still wouldn't work for most people. There are a lot of cpu's that don't have a build in gpu(look at amd with it's fx series). Also, the amount of ram of a graphics card is rather limited, most have 3gb or even less.

So no, it wouldn't be a solution.

9. endecis15 Trainee Engineer

i understand it know

10. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

much more graphically intensive games run smoother for me.. i think cpu needs optimized, graphics options might not help much. But I would certainly like some knobs to turn down and try.

11. kittle Senior Engineer

one thing you can try is go into your graphics driver (nvidia console or catalyst control center) and shut off AA and FXAA. That gave me +5 fps on both my laptop and desktop.

your mileage may vary

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.