Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Multiplayer connectivity issues.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by wad67, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. wad67 Trainee Engineer

Hello, apologies if this is the wrong section, I couldn't see a technical support board.

I spent a few hours yesterday attempting to join various servers, and with the help of the discord community I was able to do so by circumventing the ingame browser and using the one provided by steam instead.

However, upon connecting to a server I do not receive the respawn menu although I am connected and can talk to the people on there.

Googling didn't reveal much information, other than this thread https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/1/1473095331496038602/

Some testing reveals that my adapter cannot send packets over 1372 bytes, while SE (from what I have gathered) appears to use an MTU size of 1500.

This is the only issue I can think of that would be preventing the entirety of the server data to be downloaded which in turn would allow the respawn menu to appear.

I do not have access to the router that serves my internet, although I have disabled my firewall temporarily and connected to a different network to no avail.

Additionally, I have verified SE in steam, no files had to be redownloaded.

Are there any other steps I could take in order to troubleshoot my multiplayer connectivity issues?

I was able to resolve the connectivity issues by deleting the %appdata%/space engineers folder

Last edited: May 2, 2018
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.