Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Multiplayer idea

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by cubingminer, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. cubingminer Trainee Engineer

I recently had an idea for space engineers which will need a lot of people.

It is essentially a short term, capture the flag game where you need to prepare for in advance.

There will be a few ship classes which the members of the teams will design in advance, around some limitations. There will be a system where each ship class has a certain budget amount of 'tokens' which players can 'spend' on different blocks. Each block will have a different price.
    This keeps everything balanced and prevents players just stuffing ships with thrusters or something similar but makes it so players don't have to have a max number of thrusters or weapons. It is their choice.

I was thinking of having the tokens as a mod currency and having players buy the blocks from a central location. If I can get a server for this then it will be like this. If not then players will need to make a list of blocks on their ship and make it within the budget for that class.

That's the designing rules, I need to work out the numbers.

Now each team will get to spawn a certain number of each class of ship before the battle begins. I'm not sure whether or not to have a mother-ship on each team or a stationary base.

The goal is to acquire a certain amount of a resource and then refine it in a refinery in the middle of the map which teams will have to right over for control. I'm not sure whether to have the teams steal the base resource from the other team's base/mother-ship or have a mining site which teams will have to right over for control.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and I want to know if there would be any interest in this concept.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.