Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Multiplayer server with planets and dozens of ships, taking a ride...Video.....

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by piddlefoot, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

So a lot of people are having problems running a hosted server, a lot of it in my opinion is slow connections and slower pc's.
    Ive shot a little video to demonstrate that you can infact travel around the map at high speed with very little lag or glitching, in my survival made ship that has a rotor hanger door, that can be opened shut on the move as you see in the video without damage and has a ship docked on the hanger door too. I have done everything survival in this ship on this map since the survival patch, I build most of the carrier in creative then switched to survival to learn the games building systems.
    There is a planetoid made of uranium in here its huge, way bigger than any of the asteroids, there are also asteroids spread from 0 to 13 klm away , along with dozens of ships, I run fine on this map, a perfect 60FPS everywhere in single player, and very little FPS drops in multiplayer unless were all at the uranium planet then were around 30 FPS.

Damned good job Dev's.
    Really impressed with survival multiplayer, and is a good sign for what dedicated servers might become !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQldR-KIA2g&feature=youtu.be

2. radam Senior Engineer

Video isnt public...

3. Ritoshi Trainee Engineer

can not see the video

4. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

5. Conradian Moderator

Nope not yet.

6. Draygo Senior Engineer

posting it again isn't going to fix it, you need to go into your youtube control panel and flag the video as public.

7. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

OK not sure why that video wasn't public in the first place, the thing is set to make all my videos public, but anyway it is fixed now , I tested it from a different account.
    Sorry about that. Its a video a couple of us did while drinking messing around. Warning, adult language in the tunes at end...

8. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Your interior of that ship was particularly impressive. Some great styling :).

9. Beachernaut Trainee Engineer

The world and ships were cool, but I had to mute the video early as the audio was akin to Halo multiplayer.

10. Communist Penguin Apprentice Engineer

may i ask how you got such an awesome skybox?

11. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.