Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Multiplayer Update Thursday July 19th @7pm Keen time

Discussion in 'General' started by beelzerob, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. beelzerob Apprentice Engineer

Because no one will remember to tell the forums....

Marek said an official post is coming soon.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 5
  2. Arcturus Senior Engineer

What is funny is when @Blitzzz333 makes an official post in the forums, it will probably be locked with "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)" like the other multiplayer announcements. So we have your thread for discussion, or the discussion threads in the other social media.

3. NoThanks Apprentice Engineer

Looks like it's time to move SE back to the SSD and see if the ship did indeed steer in the right direction. All the snippets I've seen about MP testing up until now look very promising indeed. I recently got a steam controller, is SE still completely gamepad/joystick incompatible or did they actually do something about adding support? (Keyboard emulation FTW regardless)

4. Thrak Junior Engineer

Excited for multiplayer improvements, but even more excited for some long-awaited "other fixes" which may be along for the ride: welder ranges, problems interacting with voxels, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

This is the most meaningful update for me thus far. I mean planets were nice. But this isn't a feature update but a major update to the game mechanics and stability.

6. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Hi Beelzerob,

Are you unable to respond to my posts in the Keen Forums?

It's not my intention to lock them down like this, so please let me know and I will adjust the settings.

Cheers!

7. Chaosrex Apprentice Engineer

For those wondering and that din't acces the Beta test last week end, the new MP is AMAZBALLZ!!!!

Quick story.

I joined a faction( Beteshda with the founder named Todd...) and there was an Anti Bethesda faction, our Todd went up in space and started to set up an orbital platform on an asteroid.

i was in my ship going around the Roids in search of ressources that i needed for ammo and turrets.

While coming back to the platform, i see some dude grinding stuff, i scare him away and he leave with one of the ships that was there, leaving his spawnship, everyhting was grinded to the frame, so not much i could do.

Decided to finish setting up the turret in case they come back, surely enough before i get to make the final weld, the guy comes back, shoots me, get inside my ship and get shot by the interior turret i set up.

I spawn, get my ship to leave the area while this guy an another in a spawn yellow bus are comign after me, i knock the guy around with my ship spinning around like crazy, and i open up the whole side of the other ship with my Drill, Jousting Knight style( to my surprise the drill din't break, even thouhg its durability went down to 40%)

I got a fair distance away, stopped to finish my turret, just when i finished it i see the turret shooting something behind me, was the dude that had followed me.

Decided to go some where else since my ship still took some damages from all the shooting and ramming.

Now all this sounds cool and all; but the most important fact is that..., there was no lag!!!, there is only a few moments when the simspeed went under 1.00( to 0.9), and everything was smooth ahs a baby's butt during all that commotion, in actual MP the shooting on the ship and ramming would have brought the simspeed significaly down before catching up, but here, nope!

Later that day i was fiddeling with my friends( convinced them to come and test it out, since its been a year last they played the game), while one was enjoying himself with a mobile base on earth and was impressed bu the behaviour of the wheels and the other was going on minning, there was some dude, somewhere, that strapped 12 large drills under his Atmo lander, grinded down ALL the thrusters, and simply put the drills on auto, just to see how well the server could take it.

The Simspeed only started getting funky when he reached the 10km mark, and then we only experienced some micro freezes, but the way the game handles it now to avoid accidents is that it puts the game in "Pause" mode for everyone, till the simspeed comes back up, so apparently the days of having sim drop and accidently destroy or bump something while you move around are over.

And all of this on the limitless and mods enables server! (Uk #3) with 16 people!

• Like Like x 1
  8. beelzerob Apprentice Engineer

That's @Arcturus who said that, not me. He was just quoting me. I have no idea about any of that.

9. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Hi Blitzzz333,

When you made posts in the forums about multiplayer announcements, people couldn't respond to them.

Examples can be found at https://forums.keenswh.com/forums/space-engineers-news.313693/ and https://forums.keenswh.com/forums/announcements.423122/ .

If you want feedback on those posts, you could adjust the settings or post them in a different part of the forums.

When you make posts like this on Reddit or other places, you do get feedback.

An example can be found at https://old.reddit.com/r/spaceengin...ace_engineers_new_multiplayer_public_testing/

Cheers,

10. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Xoc's stream keeps breaking... the horror... the horror....

11. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Hi Arcturus,

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention and apologies for not catching this sooner.:woot:

I hope you're enjoying the update for Space Engineers!

Cheers!
    --- Automerge ---
    Thanks for clarifying, Beelzerob.

Cheers!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.