Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Multiple Local mods and scripts... not working?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Lord Seth, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Lord Seth Trainee Engineer

ok, so I was discussing this on the mods page, but maybe here someone has an idea of what is happening. The mod in question is "Manual Ore Crusher". If I load it from the workshop everything works fine, but when I duplicate it (and unzip the legacy .bin the mod has) on my local mods folder for offline use, the script that is needed to make the crusher work doesn't seem to load (other parts of the mod seems to work fine).

I noted than in ME changelog there is this change:
    Medieval Engineers
    - Fixed mods with scripts not loading.

maybe they forget to fix that for local mods? anyone can confirm that or has an idea why this particular mod is not working when loaded from local folder? Thanks

ok, thanks to @Sir_Moodz from the Discord channel, mystery solved: "In local mode only the first mod with a script will work". I had another local mod with scripts, when I unloaded that one this one started to work. I guess this is a bug?
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. sonicthe Trainee Engineer

I'd call it a bug. Why should it matter whether I have an internet connection when a script is supposed to run? Unless the script accesses the internet for something, in which case the script would need to be modified for offline use to point to a local address instead of an internet one. But that doesn't sound like what @Sir_Moodz was saying.