Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Multithreaded optimization?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by MrDoctorDIV, Oct 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MrDoctorDIV Apprentice Engineer

So I'm back into considering my server again (I don't even know if any of the original members are still around from a year and a half ago, if so try not to hype, things won't happen very quickly) and I'm considering hardware for building it. Year and half is a lot of changes so I need updated information to the age old question:

How optimized is Space Engineers for multithreading/multicore? At what point is there diminishing returns, clocks assumed the same?

I'm guessing clockspeed is still king, but if I buy a 6 core will it do better than 4, clock for clock? 8 cores? I doubt any more than that would benefit worth its money. Any real data to back up your claims would be greatly appreciated, as I'm a matter over speculation kind of person. Give me the sauce, not the juice.

Nearly two years... longer server hiatus than I planned but better late than never, amiright?
    (expect paid entry)

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

It may be a bad time to ask, as any answer you receive at this point may be invalidated in a few weeks when the major update is released.

3. Gustavo Julião Trainee Engineer

It continues the same way. The developers should dedicate themselves to fixing the bugs principally of the server of "SS" that is falling mainly that in the server only uses a nucleus. Settings: Ryzen 7 1700, 16Gb DDR4, 120GB SSD.

4. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

I don't think it really matters what the specs are because the game will rapidly crash when there is more then 5 on there. I don't think this game will ever be stable or truly playable. It's been 4 years or so now and stability hasn't improved all that much.
    They would need to rewrite the entire game to truly fix the major issues.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.