Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

.mwm file support for maya?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Aryeonos, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Aryeonos Trainee Engineer

I've probably overlooked something simple, but I can't seem to find any way to open/edit mwm's or export .fbxs as .mwm's with Maya. Anyone know how do?

2. Tristavius Senior Engineer

You can't is the simple answer!

The MWMs are created by Keen's MWM builder which is included in the SDK kit [link]. The process is a one way trip... you export FBX from your software (Maya in this case) then convert to MWM for the game.

The good news is the SDK also contains all of Keen's models in FBX format which you are free to use for your own modding projects!

I believe someone did come up with a way to reverse the MWM process (have a look through this forum) but really, being as Keen provide you with all the FBX files, there is no legitimate reason for doing so unless you are planning on using someones else's work, in which case they should be asked to provide the FBX files (and they may well choose not to, and that is their right).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aryeonos Trainee Engineer

Well, I would, but these are discontinued mods that have had their rights waved. I'll ask around for the people who brought them up to DX-11, but that still doesn't solve my problem.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.