Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

My first ship worth sharing: The Arcadia. 100% built in survival and completely vanilla.

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by DasStrudelMonster, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DasStrudelMonster Trainee Engineer

The Arcadia

Link to album:

She's had many names over the past few months as she's continued to be built out and reworked. She's 100% vanilla and entirely built in survival with all settings left at realistic. I did end up turning off meteor showers halfway through the build once she was too large to keep inside an asteroid and since the game doesn't offer any effective anti-meteor countermeasures just yet. She was built to serve as a mobile base to store and refine resources, construct and transport smaller ships, and to look good doing it. Given all of the lovely glass on her exterior, she's not intended for direct combat action and has the means to quickly escape and is sufficiently armed to repel lighter attacks.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! Thanks for looking.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

For the empty LCDs just use the Configurable LCDs script from the workshop. Other than that it looks nice

3. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Very impressive! I am now inspired to scrap mine and start from scratch to get it looking at least half as good as that :p

4. Hiramas Apprentice Engineer

It's always nice to see great vanilla ships, good work.
    I'd love to explore this ship myself ;)

5. Stiletto Apprentice Engineer

That's a really fancy and sexy lookin' explorer you got there!

Very nicely done by only using vanilla blocks. It's always a sort of challenge to make them pretty on the inside without all those delicious and juicy decoration mods.

However, I do want to download it and shoot at it with all the weaponry I got and see it explode into pieces!

Don't worry, she'll be making Sexy Space DebrisTM

6. Bacon004 Trainee Engineer

That's a fine-looking ship. If the interior design is as good as people say it is, I should download it and see if I can learn a thing or two. I only use vanilla blocks. I've gotten pretty good at exterior design (in my opinion), but I'm still not pleased with my interior work.

7. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

love the interior use of catwalks and glass. With so many mods going around it's easy to forget that Keen vanilla has an aesthetic all to its own.
    Love the hanger and the airtight lifts and mad props for doing it all in vanilla survival

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  8. DaePrice Apprentice Engineer

I agree with Churrosaur. When Mods came out (way before Steam library) I was anti mod. Then I got on the mod bandwagon, and frankly OD'ed on SE and kinda lost my way. Recently i have been playing vanilla only, (ok, so i use a few of midspace's scripts, and the vanilla exploration mod that was showcased a week or so ago) and frankly, I feel like its actually funner to just play vanilla. It reminds me of a box of legos in '85 vs now. Back then you had to actually get creative. This ship showcases that perfectly.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.