1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

My game... Is this spam? I hope no

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by noxLP, Feb 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. noxLP

noxLP Junior Engineer

I've been away from the forums a little time but maybe some of you remember me of the space engineers forums.

The thing is that I've made a game for android and I thought I should came here again. Why? :words: Well, I've been "flirting" with programming since I was a kid and my father bought a spectrum ZX many many years ago (I'm 40 years old now :woot:... many many years ago). Basic, C, C++, I tried them all but never put a real effort on learning them seriously apart from scripting for some games: you know what happens, studies, work, life.
    Then space engineers appeared... and I loved the game... and I learnt C#. At first only because I loved the game and I've always liked programming, but C# have some advantages for people like me that are not programmers but know "something" about programming: first of all there are tons of information on the net that makes easy to find answers, and second the same fact that is all boxed (yes, precisely that same argument that make some people hate the language) makes it really easy to learn and to understand things.
    For example when I tried C++ at the university... well, at first it was easy, but the difficulty was exponential with the more I studied it, at last it was impossible for me to study the language without a teacher AND study my career at the university, just not feasible.

So, 2 or 3 years ago, after 15 years working in the same business, I quit my work due to personal circumstances, and began to work as something like a freelancer accountant. But I had already learnt C# and I still loved programming and space engineers and games :D, so... it was inevitable: I made a game with unity :p But I know nothing about 2D or 3D, so a puzzle for android.

And that's the story how playing space engineers brought me to make a game for android :eek: And that's why I came here again :woot:, to show it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nox.SlidingPuzzles
    It's just a puzzle game, you know, a little game that you'll play when you are waiting for something, but hey, it's the first I make and I've made it all, the programming, the music, the localization to english (I'm spanish) and the 2D, except some GUI elements I bought at the Unity Store, the rest is mine :tu:

And that's it: thoughts, insults, you can tell me whatever you want, even if a moderator thinks this is spam and remove the thread, I don't mind, I don't know if I wanted to say thanks or simply to tell you all this, but I just thought I... must... came here after all.

Greetings :woot:

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.