Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Need help with detachable power connection between stations

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by MrGreyTheta, Mar 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MrGreyTheta Trainee Engineer

So... im building a underground bunker and want to a detachable power line between the elevator that is connected to the surface and the main base.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is what i had planned but they wont lock together. i'm not an expert on these things so i wanted to ask for help here.

Thanks in advance

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

The yellow glow indicates they are ready to lock, you should just need to activate the lock from the control on one or the other... The easiest way to set up an arrangement like this when both sides are static and voxel-bonded is to build it initially as one grid so the blocks are perfectly aligned, and then grind away a block pair and replace them with connectors. The piston and rotor arrangement is overcomplicated as it creates multiple logical grids and that may be confusing the controls or there may be a subtle bug that's preventing lock.

3. MrGreyTheta Trainee Engineer

alright I try to remove the piston and rotors

4. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I would say maybe keep the pistons..........and just remember to limit their distance Tech-Priest.
    even though the game engine no longer causes explosions at the slightest resistance i'd still fear it doing that.

Roxette has the right idea by building it as one grid first of all then grinding its grid-connection away and making it severed and independent
    that way everything will be perfectly aligned from the start so you don't have to do something overly complicated like turn it into a flying grid so you can connect it...then lock it into voxel.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.