Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

NEW MAP NO ASTEROIDS

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by *FS*, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. *FS* Trainee Engineer

So yesterday afte the hotfix my server wanted the new asteroid cluster feature thing & I install a vanilla map that someone made https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554294923
    After adjusting the settings I started the server and right off the bat there were no asteroids? I spawned in a few asteroids and they started to appear! But not as dense as a regular solar system map? & no asteroid clusters (sad face) does anybody know of a setting that I can Tinker with that would make the asteroids a little more denser maybe even spawn in the new asteroid cluster thing? Any help would be appreciated! And just to put this out there while we're on the subject if anybody has a true solar system vanilla map I would love to feature this on my server! Server address 181.215.243.77:29016

2. Inflex Developer Staff

The new asteroid generator is enabled only on newly created worlds after the patch 1.188.

We simply couldn't risk that some of the asteroids you visited before would gone missing after the update or that some of your bases would suddenly appear inside an asteroid cos it's shape has changed.

There is an unofficial way to enable new asteroids in old worlds by editing one if the save files but you do that on your own risk.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

And that way would be...?

4. *FS* Trainee Engineer

Yeah the map was install after the very last update which was a hotfix I believe & yet to see any cluster, newer types yes I am seeing those, But not as dence as in previous maps that played & I do believe I've left the address to the DS in the post & will post it now again for a direct connection 181.215.243.77:29016 restart 2:00 PM, 10:00 PM, 6:00 AM (PT)

5. Dabombinable Trainee Engineer

Open up the world's .sbc file in wordpad, search for "VoxelGenerator" (no quotation marks), and change it from 2 to 3.

[​IMG]
    I had to do that for all of my worlds-including new ones-after the update

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.