Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New Mod Live: Church Stained Glass & Architecture

Discussion in 'General' started by Stori3D Past Productions, May 18, 2017.

1. Stori3D Past Productions

Heya. Just posted my latest mod -- a selection of various-colored 2x2 stained glass tiles, plus several stained glass saint images, perfect for decorating church & cathedral window spaces. As a bonus, it also includes 3 new small-block stone pieces to create a Gothic feel to your architecture.

The mod includes:
    -- 15 2x2 stained-glass panes of various colors. Mix & match!
    -- 8 2x4 stained glass images of saints
    -- 3 small-block stone blocks for adding a Gothic look to the game's vanilla large arch (2-block) spaces
    -- 1 new "Stained Glass" component part (in addition to the Rough Sand and Basic Glass, which I copied from my Casement Windows mod)

The workflow for making these is:
    1) Grind stone into rough sand at mill.
    2) Combine rough sand with flax at furnace for basic glass.
    3) Combine basic glass and dirt (for its minerals) at furnace for stained glass.
    4) Combine stained glass and metal parts at crafting table for panes.

I can't wait to see what you all design with these!

***** NOTE ON THE STONE PIECES *****
    I have made the stone pieces so that they give the illusion of going right through the stained glass when you place them. This will make everything look tidy and beautiful. But it DOES take a little practice. Each of the 3 stone pieces has a hit box that is much smaller than the actual size of the piece itself. And the small stone blocks are slightly offset too. Play with these in Creative mode. Use the Q, E, R, and Y rotation keys. All of the images you see above can be made in Creative and Survival. There is no magic, you don't have to dig around in the code. It can all be done in game.

I hope you all have fun with this new mod!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ed Frost

HEROOOOO

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cetric

A hero and a Honorary Cardinal of KEEN Software Church of Engineers.
    The extra idea of stone elements inserted for building a rosette and inner arches representing Gothic church architecture is doubling the impressive result. I'd like to encourage you to add more future blocks in Gothic style and ecclesiastical architecture, for example more elegant ceilings with ribs tracing to supporting columns. Triptych altars which can be filled with pictures by the user. Mural frescos; Orthodox art with its rigid formalism is rather unchanged since Byzanthine times and suits best for medieval looks. What elsee? - Tombstones for the inner walls or into the floor, like those 'guisants'. Sculptures of bishops, church-sponsoring lords, their wives...
    --
    And here are the promised proposals for more church window motives. I really can skip the chapter "church windows" from my wish list I have postponed to write about here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This one would make a nice ensemble of three. I have it also in double the picture size, but had to shrink the file for this hosting platform. We'll find a way for bringing the large version to you if you need it. Problem here is the perspective distortion but a picture manipulating program such as Gimp should be able to correct that.

[​IMG]
    13th century detail

[​IMG]
    14th century detail

4. Sir_Moodz

You MUST add Deepflame and Marek their face as one of the characters

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Cetric

Given the consent of the Popes/Patriarchs of Keen Software Church, this is a splendid idea. :D

6. Stori3D Past Productions

Cetric, those are all fantastic! That's the problem, when I start looking at other stained glass imagery, we're really spoiled for choice. I could put 100 different things in and just be scratching the surface. (Which is a nice problem to have.)

Sir_Moodz, oh, you know it -- I really, honestly do want a wall of saints that has every one of the Devs' faces. It would be hilarious!

And Ed, thanks man, you're always there with awesome support, from day one. I appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ed Frost

:D it is because you make those mods, we all want.