Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Official Persistent Servers: One of the less noticeable roadmap features

Discussion in 'General' started by Lrj52, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

So, if I am reading this right and they mean what I think they mean by this (which I'm pretty sure they do), Space Engineers will be getting official persistent servers in the future. I have to say, I feel like this is pretty amazing and look forward to seeing how it goes.

How do you lot feel about this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

They'd like to do it (like everything on the roadmap), no guarantee though. And they'd have to fix the netcode/DS first, or they'd waste too much juice and time restarting the servers all the time.

3. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

Well, good thing there was loads of stuff on the roadmap about optimising multiplayer! :D
    I just hope they at least try it.

4. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

wondering who would maintain the servers? I understand they used the word persistent, but we all know a SE server admin has to step in to perform cleanup maintenance and at times compensate users for problems caused by bugs or whatever else. If they go about cleaning up old structures or whatever as a part of routine server maintenance, is the world really persistent?

5. ATalkingRock Apprentice Engineer

Would somebody like to inform me what this means? I don't really understand what is meant by persistent

6. BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

They wouldn't get reset all the time. Something you build there will stay there unless destroyed, there wont be any "world wipes".

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

Don't read into it too much. This is something we discussed on Discord with Xocliw.
    It'd be more like "Official" dedicated servers run by trusted admins and could possibly be used for further testing.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  8. damoran Junior Engineer

I took it simply as official test servers that were on as close to 24/7 as possible.

Persistent to me was meant as in, most of it would stay but obviously junk clean up would need to happen so not EVERYTHING would stay until destroyed, but most ships (if powered and all that) would stay.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.